Used 2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Roomy and reliable
By Janice

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have nearly 100,000 miles on the car and it still doesn't have any problems. We really like the roomy back seat with lots of leg room in front and back. We probably will buy another Avalon if the price is right.

Heated seats are great. We travel extensively so we like the trunk space too.

Include satellite radio! Bigger glove compartment. Wider side pockets to get things out easier.

Comfort and reliability
By Ken

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Avalon. I bought it used with 6,000 miles. In 2.5 years I have added another 50,000 and it still runs like new with only normal maintenance and rear brake pads. This car has a very comfortable, low-stress ride. You will feel as though you are gliding down the road. Interior room is excellent for driver and passengers alike. The room in rear seat is unmatched by any car I have ever been in and the trunk is big too. Gas mileage is typically 25/30. This is not a sporty car, but if you are looking for comfort and luxury at an affordable price, you will be happy with this car. Great car! I'd buy another.

Comfortable ride, low noise, gas mileage.

Just a little more power. Could have a sportier look but they fixed that with the newer models.

2004 avalon xl
By Marie

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great mileage and very comfortable. Not very stylish though and considered and "old people's car" around here. I love it though.

Comfort and room.

I like it the way it is.

Avalon 04
By Stan Mills

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLS 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The feel and roominess are great, the noise level is very low. Handling is very good, and the ride is smooth. The power is adequate. The only item I am not happy with is the low actual milage compared with the listed average, which is 26 highway though listed at 30, and the town mileage of 20 which is not close to the 26 listed. Highway mileage at 60 mph average is 32, at 75 it is 25.

Room and comfort on long drives is exceptional. Mileage at mid speed is excellent. Trunk space is more than adequate.

More lumbar support movement for long trips, better range for remote transmitters.

I love this car!
By AvalonXL

2004 Toyota Avalon Sedan XL 4dr Sedan w/Bucket Seats (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 10-04-06. It is the finest vehicle I have ever driven. Smooth, comfy, handles easy. I had no idea a car could be this amazing. I drove from Oceanside, Ca. to Las Vegas Nv. on 1 tank of gas, over 300 miles & had gas to spare, amazing!

Smooth ride, comfy seats.

none