Used 2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Love it....
By MooseCar

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased for commute, hauling dogs, camping and minor offroading. Very impressed with how nice of a ride this vehicle offers on highway and back roads. One of the few SUVs on truck frame, but rides very nice. Ton of great options.

Ride, high ride position, quality and all of the options on Limited model. Excellent bluetooth and GPS, and MP3 link is positioned well.

Memory seats.

Love It. Minor Flaws
By KG

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my 2010 SR5 two months ago. Love the color gray. Averaging 19.5 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. Love the ride--smoother than many cars and most SUVs. I purchased the 2010 model after driving a 1999 SR5 for the last 11 years. Gas mileage is o.k. but I was hoping for a little better (low 20's would have been nice). I like the fuel economy meter and interior gauges and controls. Quality is great so far. I like the masculine looks, inside and out. Here are the minor flaws: no running boards, radio illumination gets washed out (too dim) when the headlights are turned on, rear wiper could be better (why doesn't it swipe the entire back window?). Overall, a great vehicle. No regrets.

Vehicle looks and feel. Nice, comfortable ride. Relatively fuel efficient. Comfortable seats. Plenty of storage. 3rd row seats are a nice addition, and they fold flat for plenty of cargo capacity. Fit and finish are very good so far.

Better radio illumination when headlights are on, standard running boards, rear wiper should swipe the entire rear window.

Wonderful Vehicle
By BrianB

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After owning many other vehicles and always wanting a 4Runner, I finally got one. I looked at older models over the years and found them to be lacking. Especially in headroom and interior quality. Well, all fixed. Great interior, controls and quality and now headroom. The engine makes good power, very quiet, hands free phone system works very well and the interior is cozy without being cramped. I couldn't be happier.

Bluetooth, NAV and Ipod USB port. The backup camera is nice too.

Mileage could be better, but compared to what's out there it's still decent.

Disappointed
By JC

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2006 Limited that I loved, but I was hit and it was totaled. I purchased the 2010 SR5 last Dec. I'm tough on my trucks as I have dogs and do SAR work in Nor Cal. The 2010 immediately started having little problems; vent piece broken, rubber door seals pulling off, radio flickering, etc. Not the quality I've come to expect. But biggest problem has been the tow hitch wiring receiver. If you plan on towing, good luck! The wiring plug is underneath the vehicle way to the left side. No way is this going to work. Total design flaw. I've been to dealer and they are telling me there's no fix. I'm on my own. NOT GOOD!

roomy, good fabric

Bad window switch design, rear windshield wiper useless, tow hitch trailer plug totally useless

2010 4-Runner SR5
By rsookdeo

2010 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2005 Limited, but my new 2010 SR5 far surpasses the 05 model. This is a quality built vehicle with a clean interior. I love the rugged look of this vehicle and the luxury ride. Mine came equipped with leather, running boards, spoiler and 3rd row seating. This vehicle sits up higher and has more interior room than the 05 models. The 3rd row seating comes in handy and folds away flat and neat. Looking forward to my first real road trip in the 4Runner.

Ride quality and look, 3 row seats, cup holders, MPG 19 in city so far.

None.