Used 2012 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Fun little car!
By NWDriver

2012 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love the stick model 4cy. Goes when you need it. Like the hill assist, great turning radius too. Gets on avg 25 city and upto 32 mpg with surfboards on roof rack. Not fancy but fits our family needs! Serviced for electrical 1x, wires rubbing under dash were causing the dash panel to go out. Tough little car, ran over a deer @ 45 mph with little damage. 90k and going great.

Jeepy
By Vehicle Salesman

2012 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Not to bad for price, steering very tight , like a Nascar, to tight for me. Brakes ! mercy still can't get rid of the squeaking when backing up, they were replaced at like 10k , still have noises. believe the rotors get damp and rust over nite ( in garage) , if too early in morning , you need to put lite pressure on brakes as you back up, that helps muffle the squeaks. Problems we had seemed a bit early for miles, latest was the turn signal switch ( whole stick) , when you put left turn on , the interior lites blinked ( no warrranty) R&R stick $94.00 LR Hub Bearing (now warranty ) wear item ( ha ha , fast wear) we have 47740 miles on the vehicle. Bearing $243.00 one not all four. Hope the others spread time out a bit. Replaced original tires at 47140 miles also ( not too bad for factory tires) All in all not bad except for the Hub repair. I sold GMC/Chev/ Jeeps for over 40 years, first Jeep, might be the last. Oh, I called factory customer service , kinda waste time , didn't even ask for Vin Number. Good Luck

Bad car to buy
By Irving vega

2012 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Please save your money and don't buy this vehicle , nothing but problems ,car seen dealer ship tons of times.

The Little 4x4 that Could
By Jeepmakemehappy

2012 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Jeep Compass for a little over 1 year. I purchased my 2012 Jeep Compass after driving my Buick Enclave down the wrong road and the hill was too steep to drive it out. Yes, large towing bill. I decided to buy a 4x4. I looked at most brands. Nissan, GMC/Chevy, Ford, you name it. I was looking for comfort (I drive a lot), best gas mileage possible (from a 4x4), and overall enjoyable to work in. A sales rep called me about a trade they just made on a 2012 jeep compass. So I took it for a test-drive, after 1-mile, I did not feel any tension in my lower back and I can spend all day in and out of this jeep. It handled great, the acceleration was sluggish from take-off, but with manual options, I have compensated. Other than take-off, passing gear works great.
The real test game when I had an inspection of a property with a real steep muddy driveway. It had been raining for days and the driveway was a mud puddle. Here goes nothing and a possible 400+ tow bill if I bought the wrong car. I made it down, now I have to go back up. The truth is, I never slid uphill before, I put the shift in manual, keep in it low, stepped on the gas and went up that hill like an off-road racing champ (in my own eyes). The driveway curved twice so I slide around them and made it uphill, got out of the Jeep and did my celebration dance. I have since been up and down similar roads with ease.
My jeep has auto-start, Bluetooth, satellite radio, upgraded sound system, heated cloth seats, standard plug-in, Freedom package II, and a flashlight.
Please do not just go by the Edmonds.com review. It has been an enjoyable, reliable vehicle, that I hope to keep around.

Jeep Compass Latitude is da bomb!
By Kimimila

2012 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle 2 years old. I've had it 1 year now. I absolutely love it. The trail rating is especially great because I drive in the mountains a lot and don't like bottoming out. And, the MPG is about the same as my Chrysler Sebring. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's a little sluggish upon acceleration. The only problem I've had was a couple of times, it didn't want to start right away. Both times, it was very cold out.