Used 2000 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Love my Cr-v
By Terri

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV

I loved my cr-v very much. Good on gas, reliability is a plus. I was surprised with the picnic table, thought that was thought of Honda including it. Only thing I didn't like about the cr-v is highway uphills driving. There is a loud noise when you drive 70 mph or more. I hate that it can't handle curves and mountains. Other than that, I love my cr-v. I will be buying a 2006 next time. Hopefully honda has improve the cr-v.

The table and that it saves on gas in the city.

Improve on the gas mileage on the highway and please get rid of the noise when driving uphill. Needs more horse power.

Happy as a Lark
By Jeff

2000 Honda CR-V SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD

Everybody complains about the power. Well the later year CR-Vs, you got what you asked for, and the MPG dropped right along with it. Now the gas prices are out of sight and the most fuel efficient SUV of its time now gets a lot less than the 25 MPG it got in 2000. I'll never get rid of my 2000. It goes anywhere that any SUV can go. Great in snow. Roomy. Great on gas, and looks good. What do you want?

They fixed the rear window problem. And I agree that the window buttons should be on the door, but that's it.

Love my Honday
By Debbie

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this last year and love it. I've got 228,000 km on it and it still runs like a charm. It's the 5 speed and I've still had new people drive it and thinking they stalled it, tried to start it again as the motor runs so quiet. Runs like a charm.

I love the design inside. I love the comfort seat for the driver and the fact that the seats sit right up. I like being able to open the back to 90* with the table out back.

Definitely need a little more power. It would be nice to rev a little lower on the highways for better gas mileage. It also seems to have problems with the driver's window coming off the track.

Transmission going
By mary

2000 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

76,000 miles, had new brakes at 50,000, now need new transmission. What's going on? I thought Honda cars lasted forever. What causes transmissions to go? What will the car do when the transmission goes? This car needs more zip & doesn't like sharp turns. I can feel the tendency to turn over.

cargo space

flat cargo space with back seats down, more zip, road noise

CR-V almost killed us
By dld1672

2000 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

I am very disappointed with my CR-V. As a matter of fact it was just towed away this morning. It broke down on the highway last Fri while I was doing 65 mph with my 9 yr old in the car. We could have been killed. The car was inspected last month by the dealership and it passed. This is the final straw. The car has been slowly falling apart. The glove compartment does not open. The rear door does not open. The seatbelts lock up for no reason and choke you. The clock broke long ago. The radio has stopped working at times. The key fob would not open the door for about a year and now that works again. It had to be opened using the key. It's been one thing after another.

Best feature is fuel economy

Needs improvement in every circumstance except fuel economy. The car is falling apart. I do not care for the new models at all. Why make them so small?