Used 2003 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 369 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

'03 Mustang GT Convertible is awesome
By eccmustang

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love this car. It is very fun to drive and it is very stylish. All of my friends love my car. It is very reliable and I have never had any trouble with it. It never leaks because of the top and the top comes down very quick.

I love having the 5 speed manual transmission and the 6 disc CD changer. I also love the controlable traction control. The black leather interior is great too!

I think it would be nicer to have better fuel consumption, but it comes with having a V8.

Best buy
By Jsh502

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Best bang for your buck. Faster than 90% of stock street cars. Fastest street car under $50000. Recommend anyone looking for a great sports car then this is the one.

Interior comfort and design. Incredible power with decent gas consumption. Great handling, and awesome sound.

Improve rear end so there isn't as much wheel hop.

Awesome Car!
By Kevin

2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I'm biased because I'm a Mustang lover. For all those people disliking the comfort, interior design, and fuel mileage go buy an import. This is not an issue for the real men who drive Mustangs. The interior design is a bit bland but to be honest it doesn't matter with me. This car is so underestimated out there in the high hp car world. Probably because now it's kinda rare since they were only produced for 2 years. Best car I've ever owned.

Supercharger pulley whine...:drool:

Clutch throw is really long although there are plenty of aftermarket companies out there that have a remedy for this kind of problem.

Too much fun
By quimbysr

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I had always wanted a GT, so when they were running some rebates I went for it. No regrets since. The only problem I've had with it is a nut coming loose on one of the top drive cylinders which I was able to fix myself. I can't get enough of the power and sound even in stock form. After leaving it with my Dad for a year while I was overseas, I wasn't out of the driveway before I said to myself, "This is a fast car!" I also think it's better looking than the new one, but that's just me. It's no wonder Chevy couldn't sell Camaros, the Mustang is just about perfect. No frills, just fun.

302 lb-ft of torque. The OHC 4.6 is a great blend of newer technology with great old school feel. The traction control "off" button shows Ford knows their customer base for this car. Also, the brutal simplicity of what amounts to a truck driveline; simple and effective.

A little more positive feel in the shifter, though you can fix that yourself. Bigger brakes for those of us that find ourselves relying on them, perhaps, a bit too much. More power. It has more than enough, but I wouldn't be a real Mustang owner if I believed there was such a thing as enough.

Great Fun!
By banderss

2003 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

After driving a Corolla for several years of commuting it was time to get back to a fun car. I owned a '99 Mustang so I know this was what I wanted again. In the past 6 months I have relished in my renewed love affair with this car. You just can't get this kind of performance for the money anymore. Really get on it and you can get the tires spinning even going into 3rd gear...loads of fun!

Powerful and awesome sounding V8. Leather seats. Sound system. Looks.

Better seats (lateral support). Independent rear suspension. Slightly higher gears in rear end (3.55 for example likw the Mach 1).