Used 2000 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 175 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Ford dies fast
By Greenmustang

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I initially bought this car brand new in 2000, and it was awesome. However, it quickly started to have some serious issues. I had to replace the alternator at 45K, and the rear end work at 55. My check engine light was on for 3 years, after multiple repeated attemts at fixing it finally was fixed. I had an Escort before the Mustang, and it had similar reliability issues. My next car will be a Honda or Toyota.

Look, and drive of the car is fun.

Make it more reliable. Holy cow, way too much on repairs.

2000 V6 Convertible
By Mustang2000Vert

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I bought this car a year and a half ago with 24000 miles, now it has a bit over 50000. Absolutely no mechanical issues to date. Always starts right up, even in the dead cold of winter. Plenty of power for a V6 and gas mileage is good for a V6. I was wary to buy a Ford after owning an 1989 Escort in the past that was garbage, but this car looked so shiny and lonely when I first saw it, just pleading to be driven, and I fell in love with it. It's such a pleasure to drive, especially with the top down. Its a real head turner too, I always get complements on it. I highly recommend this car and would definately buy another Mustang in the future. Take car of it and it will take care of you.

Convertible top on a sunny day. Engine rev and effortless passing speed on demand. Mustang community: if you ever have an issue or question about this car, there are many online forums with incredibly knowledgeable and friendly people eager to help. Mustang owners are passionate and love their cars.

No complaints. I love my car.

Reliable, Fun and Quick
By siciliano_88

2000 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

My car has all the options and the mach stereo system. I have spent $0 repairing this Mustang other than neccesary ex. oil, fluids, and have had no problems. The v6 has plenty of power for the everyday user and unbelievable gas mileage on the highway. I put on a fuel induction preformance kit and now it sounds amazing, with great throttle response. I could not be happier!

Great styling, throaty exhaust, quickness, stereo and the fact that Ford made something dependable for once.

More cushion on the seats in the leather interior, cup holders need to be moved.

Addicted to my Mustang!
By Robin

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I have never been dissapointed. I passed 90,000 miles a few months ago and it runs great! I did have to replace the brake pads but it wasnt a big deal. 4 people in my family drive Mustangs ranging from 1988 to 2000 and we all feel the same way!

Great power, and I love the sound system!

None

Completely Satisfied
By klauer

2000 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I love my Mustang! It has 85,000 miles on it and no problems. Definitely the funnest car I've ever had. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

The V8, dual exhaust, and mach sound system

One of the cupholders is in the way of shifting.