2000 Mazda 626 Consumer Review: Almost 120,000 miles in 6 yea

2000 Mazda 626 - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Almost 120,000 miles in 6 years!!
By CR on

2000 Mazda 626 LX 4dr Sedan

I've driven this car A LOT -- long road trips, extended periods of stop & go local driving, and commuting up a mountain and back 6 days a week for almost 2 years. It is very comfortable. The only downside is the tiny engine. I've maintained my car well and it now has 163,000+ miles. I am finally in need of a new one. The struts are shot and so are my motor mounts. I think these issues may have been caused, in part, by my driving around for a month with a broken sway-bar link (part of the suspension). I've never had a problem with my transmission, or engine. I'd get my car fixed, but with 163,000+ miles it is hard to say how much longer the transmission will last...I'll miss my car :-/

The interior design is fabulous -- comfortable seats, lots of storage spaces, a huge trunk, good cup holders, and oscillating air vents! I love that the radio antenna is built into the back window. I can listen to music while in the car wash :-)

All cars should have radio controls in the steering wheel! This car could use a better sound system. It could also use a more powerful engine. It's reliable, but not very spunky! Also, it's seats fold down, but there's only a small space in the middle that extends all the way to the truck.