Used 2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lincoln Navigator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Navigator model:

Needs to Improve
By ubgoofy2003

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned Ford products before & this Lincoln has had more things go wrong with it than even a F-150 pickup that I owned previous to this. Too much plastic where strength is needed & the control center(information) is located in such a hidden place, it is almost impossible to read in daylight. The center armrest council is imposible to open, unless you use both hands, & turn your body towards it. It should lift from the side, where it can be done with one hand. For a LUXURY car, the grill is plastic & should not be. I believe a luxury car should be of more quality than this, not just added assesories. The only advantage of this car, over a Isuzu Rodeo, is size. Needs Quality !!!!!

Favorite Features

Convenience of size is about all, with fold down rear seating. Don't need all the frill's.

Suggested Improvements

Listed above, too much plastic, poor fuel economy, just not quality built. Should have better display of control center(on Dash).

Driving my Beast!
By Linny

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have had 3 Jeeps, 1 Honda Pilot and none compare to my 2005 Navi. I bought it recently 20,000 miles. Just awesome all the way around. Black in color with all the trimmings...totally loaded. I actually have gotten a little better mpg than I had imagined. Very comfy even in the third road. I am going to invest in the Catch all brand of floor mats to protect the carpet and who could ask for more??? Love it! loVe iT! LOVE IT!

Favorite Features

Sound system, roominess, remote start, DVD player...the ride and easy handling.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of anything so far...It is the total package.

Navigator #2
By bk183

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I like the look of the Escalade a little better but after test driving 3 different then the 05 Navigator there was no comparison. The Navigator out handled, was quieter, smoother ride, and just easier to drive. Big improvement over my 01 which was no slouch. I have to say, so far this is the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Heated seats

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is bad

3 Great Years
By Mark L

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Our Navigator is 3 years old with 45,000 miles and has had no issues. The maintenance is very inexpensive but definitely is not fuel efficient, averaging around 13 miles per gallon. Very pleased with this purchase will likely keep this one for at least another 45k miles.

fordwarrior
By Mike Smith

2005 Lincoln Navigator SUV Luxury Rwd 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have been a satisfied Ford product owner for 50 years. I have owned a 2004 and a 2005 Navigator and have been very disappointed in their fuel economy and the quality of construction. The 2006 has had transmission problems from the day it was delivered and it took 17 months for the dealer to get the problem corrected. The brake rotors had to be turned at 7,000 miles, replaced at 10,000 miles, turned again at 27,000 mile and replaced at 30,000 miles. This is on a vehicles that has 95% highway mileage on it. The master brake cylinder had to be replaced at 32,000 miles. The 2006 model is much noisier than the 2005 in terms of wind noise and engine/road noise.

Favorite Features

size and driver visibility

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage, lower wind noise, more reliability.