Used 2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

05 Accord EX
By swcobb

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my 05 Accord Ex with 60k and it now has 105k. Routine Maint with the an O2 sensor at about 98k. Very comfortable, nice styling, heated seats are great, dual climate control and front, side and rear airbags. Only complaint is the road noise on the highway. Great tire wear, and the exterior looks perfect- even at 105k. 4 cyl is not sluggish and keeps up fine.

Favorite Features

Leather, heated seats, dual climate control. No timing belt on 4 cyl.

Suggested Improvements

Road Noise on Highway- power window switch broken on rear window.

Solid vehicle
By BradB

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Accord new and am still enjoying it. The car has aged gracefully and still looks great with zero mechanical problems. Powerwise, the 240 hp V6 is smooth and strong. Fuel economy is a little disappointing at 19 mpg city, but at least it uses regular. I like the ride just fine, but the handling is a little tepid. I think the biggest problem is the terrible stock tires that are hard as a rock and downright dangerous in the rain. The seats are not the greatest, but not terrible; interior materials are first rate. The 5 spd automatic is superb-- best I have driven. Resale value is phenomenal.

Favorite Features

Strong engine, great transmission, first rate interior build quality, good ride, stellar resale, nice styling-- car still looks good

Suggested Improvements

Awful OEM fuel economy tires-- unfortunately they'll last forever as hard as they are, mediocre seats, so- so handling-- would be better with different tires, weak headlights

Hard to get rid of
By hpnutty

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Handing this off to college age daughter and after looking at the 08 accord and others I don't want to get rid of it. Its been everything I expected it to be. When guests get in they talk about how nice it is. My father raves about the color (red). It so fun to drive and can't imagine ever owned a 4 cyl now. But it's nothing to brag about from the outside. very plain.

Favorite Features

heated seats (even in Houston!), acceleration, performance, handling, fun-to-drive factor, roomy inside, braking

Suggested Improvements

seats are too warm without being turned on, seating comfort, not great for long trips (prefer expedition, duh). plain jane styling.

Fun to drive but poor NVH
By gilbert3

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car for 4 years now with 96,000 KM in the odometer. During warranty period, need to send back to the service center to change the cock-up alarm system and steering system. Annoyed with loud engine noise, wind noise and tyre noise. Also the suspension system is rather too firm for my liking. Road undulations, tyre and outside noise creep into the cabin. The overall NVH left much to be desired. Engine noise is so annoying that I have to add fuel additive to reduce noise. It helps, believe me. No qualm on the handling aspect. The fun factor somewhat offset the poor NVH and refinement, I guess.

Favorite Features

Smooth auto transmission. Sporty handling. Responsive steering. Adequate pick up but could be better. Large interior space.

Suggested Improvements

Honda, please address the nagging NVH issues if you want to compete with the more refined Camry. Being sporty doesn't mean having to sacrifice COMFORT.

Great Value
By mikeW

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car back in Dec of 04. Best value for my money hands down. car is up to 100K miles and drives like its brand new. all systems (electric, sound sun-roof, & leather) work beautify and never had a problem. Passengers and friends don't believe that I have 100K miles or that the car is 4 years old. I highly recommend this vehicle!