2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Excellent Car
By RWP on 06/21/07 05:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased in March of 2005, car has been reliable and fun to drive 80 miles each day for work. Gas mileage has been pretty good although the AC does zap mileage more than any other car I've had. Seats are comfortable for short and long drives. Those reviewers who state otherwise haven't adjusted the seats correctly. Back seat leg room is very good for the size of the car.

Excellent car - superior crash performance
By 1st-time Honda Owner on 04/25/07 10:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned the 2005 Accord EX-L 2.4L 4cyl for exactly two years. Then I took a direct hit in the driver's door from an SUV going 40-50+ mph - and walked away on a cane three days later! Not many sedan car owners can say that!! I have only 2 hairline fractures in my pelvis, which should heal in 6 to 12 weeks. I'm definitely buying another Accord. I also had this vehicle on three New England trips of 3,000 to 5,000 miles each. Very comfortable ride, easy handling. The leather and dual climate controls preempted those temp-related spousal fights so it's worth the extra $1,000 in price.

Ownership after 2 Years
By madurbs on 03/04/07 17:34 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Best car I have owned. The interior design is excellent. No squeaks, rattles etc. Gas mileage has averaged in the 27-30MPG range in mixed driving. Zero problems. Just regular maintenance intervals thus far. Even as newer models of competition have hit the market I have no regrets.

Great Commuting and Family Car
By morg4163 on 12/12/06 09:17 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 180 miles a day round trip, since 10/05 this car has been reliable and not let me down at all. For the cost of the car, it is a great buy. Following Honda's maintenance guide, 3000 mile oil changes are NOT necessary, the book shows 9000 miles for normal use, 6000 miles for extreme conditions. This is the first foreign car I've owned for quite some time, with my daily drive, it wont be my last. This car performs well on the highway and in the city.

Paint chips too easily
By dan on 11/11/06 05:33 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Honda's look good but the paint chips very easily -- not good when parking in a city, where I live. But excellent to be in this car - nice interior, much more impressive than you would think with a Honda - very quiet, good AC, and nav and satellite make the ride fun.

Best car for price
By chimera on 09/05/06 11:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am 99% pleased with my 05 Accord. It met all my expectations for the price. The 1% I do not like is road noise. It seems they cut corners when insulating.

Love the Honda
By B Bryant on 08/03/06 13:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had many new cars over the years, most were GM & Ford but this Honda has to be at the top in most all aspects. It's fun to drive and is fast for a 4 cyl. & delivers good mileage. I drive fast 70 to 80 most of the road miles & the little Honda gives me high 30's and once in a while will squeak 40 MPG. This is our first Honda and it will not be my last. In short it's my best auto purchase in 50 years (trade at least one vehicle a year)... so you can see I think a lot of this car & the company stands behind them.

Great car
By Honda Owner on 07/22/06 08:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Particularly impressed by the super smooth transmission. Never missed any forward gear. Gives good gas mileage with aggressive city driving ~25 mpg. Has a well designed interior - everything seems to be in place where you would want it to be. I like the sound system a lot. The center console display gives the car a good interior look. Has some noticeable road noise on the highway, but not enough to decide against buying this car. Except some trouble shifting into reverse gear at times (this is a manual), I have had no problems with this car. It is a year old and has 19K miles on it.

Accords are the luxury cars of low price
By Danny Dannels on 07/10/06 19:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I am totally satisfied with my 2 accords.The accords are the best price and you seem to have a luxury car. They have both power and good looks. We love the leather and the roominess of the cars. I feel Honda is selling the car too low for how well they handle and look. What else can I say except we love our Hondas

1st Honda - impressed so far
By TNAccord on 07/10/06 17:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After a year with my 2005 Accord EX Sedan (4-cyl 5-speed), I must say I'm impressed with its overall quality. I've had zero mechanical or electrical problems with the car, which is a first for any new car I've purchased. Car feels very tight and handles great, though "pep" of the 4-cyl (even in 5-speed) is not as good as on my previous car (a '93 BMW 318i). Only disappointment so far is a rattle coming from the headliner area of the passenger's side rear, where the post meets headliner. Hasn't been a big enough headache to warrant a special trip to the dealer, but will have it addressed at my next oil change.