2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Hard to get rid of
By hpnutty on 02/19/09 20:03 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Handing this off to college age daughter and after looking at the 08 accord and others I don't want to get rid of it. Its been everything I expected it to be. When guests get in they talk about how nice it is. My father raves about the color (red). It so fun to drive and can't imagine ever owned a 4 cyl now. But it's nothing to brag about from the outside. very plain.

2005 two door Honda Accord
By Buckeye Gray on 02/13/09 12:54 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2005 Honda Accord about a week before Christmas in 2004. Ended up getting the car a little sooner than I wanted after someone pulled out in front of my Honda Civic. Anyway, it's the best car I've ever owned. If you give this car proper maintenance it will go! Has a very smooth ride especially on the open road. Even though it's a four cylinder it will run easily at 80 or 85mph. But I usually don't drive that fast. Gas mileage is supposed to be right around 31 to 35 mpg, but last summer took a round trip of 290 miles and wound up getting just over 39 mpg! Mind you I drove at or under 65. Good car, in future hope to buy another one.

Fun to drive but poor NVH
By gilbert3 on 01/17/09 04:49 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car for 4 years now with 96,000 KM in the odometer. During warranty period, need to send back to the service center to change the cock-up alarm system and steering system. Annoyed with loud engine noise, wind noise and tyre noise. Also the suspension system is rather too firm for my liking. Road undulations, tyre and outside noise creep into the cabin. The overall NVH left much to be desired. Engine noise is so annoying that I have to add fuel additive to reduce noise. It helps, believe me. No qualm on the handling aspect. The fun factor somewhat offset the poor NVH and refinement, I guess.

Great Value
By mikeW on 11/28/08 10:48 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car back in Dec of 04. Best value for my money hands down. car is up to 100K miles and drives like its brand new. all systems (electric, sound sun-roof, & leather) work beautify and never had a problem. Passengers and friends don't believe that I have 100K miles or that the car is 4 years old. I highly recommend this vehicle!

good ride
By Ron Fielding on 11/23/08 12:56 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car as a traveling vehicle. It far exceeds the mileage ratings. We get from 30 to over 38 on the highway. We have been diagonally across the US, and back. The power of the four engine is amazing. It is comfortable and quiet on the highway. Incidentally, I don't slow for the hills, and most of our driving is at 75 mph speeds, and in a lot of elevation changes. I like the looks, but admit I like the taillight treatment of the 06 and later Accord. I also love the look of the instrument array.

Great Car Period
By steve on 10/28/08 13:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought used with 38,000 miles. Put on 08 Accord wheels and tires and K&N filter. 4 cyl/auto has power to spare and gets great MPG. I have read some of the reviews about power/mpg on the 4 cyl and wonder what car they are driving!!! I am 60 years old and have owned Vetts and GTO's etc etc. While not comparing the Accord with either of these types of vehicles, I will say that for a 4 cyl auto this car is remarkable! So, in my opinion, you can not go wrong with this car.

Standing the test of time
By DV8mAn on 10/02/08 10:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 125,000 miles, I'm still happy. Bulletproof car, great mileage and ride. Feel confident behind the wheel at hwy speeds. Don't want to part with this car until at least 250,000 miles. Only negative is the brakes are too small, so the rotors warp faster than normal. Other than normal maintenance, only issue so far is a dead battery (which could be considered normal).

Great Car With Great Gas Mileage
By Honda Owner on 09/19/08 15:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 8th Honda and 5th Honda Accord that I have owned over the last 20 years. This vehicle has been fun to drive with great gas mileage. In combined city/highway driving, I have averaged 29 MPG.

3 Years 36K No Problems
By iowahonda on 09/07/08 18:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought our 05 at the end of the model year to get a deal. We're completely happy with it, and have had absolutely no problems. We consistently got 30 mpg city/highway combo, then started getting around 35 mpg once we slowed down on the highway a little. This is a perfect commuter car. Plenty of response and power in traffic. Typical tight Honda feel. No squeaks or rattles ever. This is our 3rd Accord, none ever leaked a drop of oil. Only minor issues are that the seats are a bit firm for long distance driving, the stereo isn't that great, and rear door exit is tight -- have had people hit their heads on the way out.

2005 Honda Accord EXL V6
By Ray on 08/10/08 12:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned and operated this car for a week. My initial reaction is that this is one terrific car. It has the feel of a luxury car. It is solid, smooth, responsive, quiet and exudes quality. It is my second Honda and if the reliability experience with this car is similar to my first Honda, I will be one very satisfied Honda owner.