'04 Acura TL to '05 Accord Hybrid switch
By undertoad on
2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)
After 12 months & 25000 + miles in a new TL enough of the hard nose suspension, growly engine and myriad squeeks and rattles. It cost me about 13 cents/mile to switch to the Acccord Hybrid w/Nav but if the first week and 1000 miles are any indication, I won't regret it abit. Fit and finish is noticably better and not a loose piece of plastic anywhere. Low profile tires may be pretty but you pay for it in your butt. The Accord may not corner like the TL but it certainly is smoother AND just as quiet on smooth surfaces. At a steady 60 mph in rural NC the needle hovers around 42 mpg and it's not even broken in yet! I gave up a sexy broad for an honest woman.
Favorite Features
Unlike the others, this hybrid is really suited for long haul travel with a range approaching 650 mies. No amenities given up excepting sun roof and power passenger seat (for reduced weight). It's all there; CD, XM radio,nav sys., dual climate controls, etc., etc.
Suggested Improvements
I'd put in thicker glass (a la Acura) to hush things that much more. At this early stage I can't think of anything more.