Used 2005 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2005 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best car I've ever owned!
By aporter1995

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in a 00' Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with 139k miles (List of problems too long) for my high school dream car,a black Accord that had 148k miles on it and I haven't looked back! Love my car! Gas mileage is phenomenal compared to what I had, car runs smooth with no issues. I have owned the car 5 months and currently have 161k. I need to put brakes and tires on it but that of course is routine and it could use a serpentine belt. The only out of norm things would be the seat belt sensor (covered by Honda warranty still! Thanks Honda!) and now it has a bad air/fuel ratio sensor (O2 sensor) but nothing that negatively impacts the way it drives. Five stars all around! Great job Honda!

Favorite Features

Love the moonroof, 6 CD Changer, and Spoiler!

Suggested Improvements

Honestly, I can't think of anything. I hope Honda never backslides on the quality of parts they use!

Awesome car!
By thinicely19

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

my first car, and I absolutely love it. the drive is smooth, great on gas and very comfortable. i love that there is a 6-cd player. it was very easy to navigate around in the car with the heat, a/c, settings and what not.

Favorite Features

6 cd player, sun roof, powered driver seats, heated seats, back pockets on both seats, the cup holders for all passengers, big trunk and more!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I wasn't too happy about was that when you turn on your lights at night, the glove department light stays on as well. I wish there was an option of turning it on and off seeing how you only need it when you open the glove department, other wise, all around a great car.

Bad Engine (P1009)
By marco8436

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

As a lifelong Honda customer I nerve thought I would have to write this review but considering my situation I have to do this. This past September, the check engine light code came on. I went to the dealer and the same service adviser mentioned it will cost me another $90 if it is a different code.The same code P1009 (VTC actuator Fail). The Service adviser said to me, “ Sir your car is burning oil inside the engine. You are going to need a new engine for $2500.” I was so shocked, I could say anything. After a few minutes I asked to speak with the manager. He mentioned to me “ Unfortunately, some engine do fail like this”. According to the technician who work

Suggested Improvements

Beware of code P1009

Excellent reliability, only downside is overrated MPG
By tvtruong

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I've have this car for over 8 years. I bought it from a dealership after it was returned from a 2 years lease. In the 8 years and 150k km (about 100k miles) that I've put on it, here are my review. It is an extremely reliable car. I've done all the routine maintenance on it. I've only need to take the car in twice outside of routine maintenance. Totally just under $1k over a period of 8 years. Routine maintenance cost another $2k. Interior design have an old rich man feel to it, and outside design are very plain. Power delivery is awesome and smooth. The OEM tires can't really be used in the winter. It design for low rolling resistance. Overall a great car.

Favorite Features

Air conditioner and heater start up extremely fast. Power of a V8 with fuel economy of a I4. Again it was extremely reliable I am at 234k km now ( about 150k miles) with just $1k of unschedule maintenance. Ride is quite, smooth, and compliant. Fuel economy, while overrated, still provide me with cost saving. Engine auto stop provide for a quite time at the stop light. Awesome highway cruising.

Suggested Improvements

The OEM tire are useless in the winter. The radio/entertainment system does not have a line in and replacing it cost about $600 just for parts. Interior and exterior design are very plain. The overrated fuel economy when I bought it. EPA eventually updated their rating, which is more accurate.

BUILT FOR THE LONG HAUL
By hondas_rule

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For the money the Accord EX-L 4 cyl is one of if not the best used car out there. Legendary dependability. Good on gas. Comfortable nice driving cars. Parts are cheap and easy to get. Cars are easy to work on. Bought mine with 38k miles. I do all the maintenance myself. The only thing I have had to fix with this car is the serpintine belt on the engine started to squeak at 100k so I replaced it. You can classify that as regular maintenance BTW. Car has 132k miles now and I need to adjust the valves since they starting ticking more than usual from a cold start. It's an easy job requiring no parts, just labor. 05, 06 & 07 Accord EX-L 4 cyls have to be the best used car period!

Favorite Features

Nice driving, unbelievably dependable, nice fit and finish, good stereo, parts are cheap and easy to find, car is easy to work on. I drove a hard bargain at Christmas and got a good deal and after 6 years cars like mine sell for 60% of what I paid.

Suggested Improvements

It's a 4 cyl so it's no go-getter but for a 4 cyl it does surprizingly well. 4 cyl EX's don't come with dual power seats or fog lamps. Wish the stereo had a usb or port for my iPod. Not the most stylish car but not ugly. Rear seat could be a little bigger. Ride is a little jouncy for some people but I like the firmer ride. You have to put quiet tires on Accords or the tire noise will drive you nuts. Do the research to make sure the tires you buy are quiet.