2005 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Awesome car!
By thinicely19 on 11/02/14 06:02 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord EX V-6 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

my first car, and I absolutely love it. the drive is smooth, great on gas and very comfortable. i love that there is a 6-cd player. it was very easy to navigate around in the car with the heat, a/c, settings and what not.

Bad Engine (P1009)
By marco8436 on 10/05/14 20:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

As a lifelong Honda customer I nerve thought I would have to write this review but considering my situation I have to do this. This past September, the check engine light code came on. I went to the dealer and the same service adviser mentioned it will cost me another $90 if it is a different code.The same code P1009 (VTC actuator Fail). The Service adviser said to me, “ Sir your car is burning oil inside the engine. You are going to need a new engine for $2500.” I was so shocked, I could say anything. After a few minutes I asked to speak with the manager. He mentioned to me “ Unfortunately, some engine do fail like this”. According to the technician who work

Excellent reliability, only downside is overrated MPG
By tvtruong on 08/05/14 14:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I've have this car for over 8 years. I bought it from a dealership after it was returned from a 2 years lease. In the 8 years and 150k km (about 100k miles) that I've put on it, here are my review. It is an extremely reliable car. I've done all the routine maintenance on it. I've only need to take the car in twice outside of routine maintenance. Totally just under $1k over a period of 8 years. Routine maintenance cost another $2k. Interior design have an old rich man feel to it, and outside design are very plain. Power delivery is awesome and smooth. The OEM tires can't really be used in the winter. It design for low rolling resistance. Overall a great car.

BUILT FOR THE LONG HAUL
By hondas_rule on 04/14/14 13:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For the money the Accord EX-L 4 cyl is one of if not the best used car out there. Legendary dependability. Good on gas. Comfortable nice driving cars. Parts are cheap and easy to get. Cars are easy to work on. Bought mine with 38k miles. I do all the maintenance myself. The only thing I have had to fix with this car is the serpintine belt on the engine started to squeak at 100k so I replaced it. You can classify that as regular maintenance BTW. Car has 132k miles now and I need to adjust the valves since they starting ticking more than usual from a cold start. It's an easy job requiring no parts, just labor. 05, 06 & 07 Accord EX-L 4 cyls have to be the best used car period!

Great combination of power and fuel economy
By clintonk on 03/15/14 07:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

This is not your average fuel sipping hybrid. In order to see the fuel savings don't use the horsepower and stay at or below the speed limit. Also, unlike other hybrids, this car excels on the highway. With a trip in ohio from east to west with 51 miles rural highway and 84 miles interstate, I averaged 45.1 miles per gallon at the speed limits posted. town mileage with short trips less than 5 miles average 17-20 mpg and urban traffic is around 30. In November 2013 the IMA light started coming on with 135,000 miles I took it to the local dealer for a diagnostic, Battery Deterioration plus an update for the Hybrid system. the update has prevented the IMA from coming on since the update.

2005 Accord hybrid
By oladipo on 02/28/14 01:49 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I bought this car since 2012 and I have had no major issue with it except for ABS and TCS sensor. This was fixed and after which no issue except of recent this year having issue with driver/passenger door lock which does not respond the lock/unlock by the remote. I will try and fix it myself but if I have difficulties fixing it I will contact the electrician. Another issue I constantly observe is the check engine light that constantly comes on...I have discussed this with my mechanic, he attributes it to the 02 sensor read from the OBDII( catalytic converter below threshhold). However, another Mechanic said I do not have to worry about that because a bad fuel can trigger that.

IMA Battery
By bjuicy on 08/31/13 11:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used. It was a smooth driving and comfortable vehicle. Good gas mileage and then the IMA Hybrid battery goes out and that's when the problems began. I just want to inform the consumers of the cost the will be out of their pocket if by chance the electric battery goes out. You are looking at about 3500 to 4500 at a dealership to replace the battery. If you look online they are starting at 1600. Also just know these cars are designed to where you can only take it to the dealership to get any service done on them and even then a lot of the technician at the dealership don't even have the knowledge to diagnose or even work on these vehicles to fix the problems.

Best For The Money Bar None
By hondas_rule on 06/16/13 13:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I shopped around and drove a hard bargain. Bought my '05 Accord between Christmas and New Years of '08 which I've read is a slow time for dealers and a good time to buy. Got a nice clean EX 4 cyl with 38,000 miles on it for $12,800. Was easily the most car I could find for a 100 mile radius for under my $15,000 limit. I now have 120k miles on it. Only maintenance besides brake pads, rotors, fluids and filters is replacing a squeaking serpintine belt and a burnt out brake light. Easlily the best car I have ever owned. A dog with 4 people and luggage but does fine with 1-2 adults. This is my second Accord. I drive the old one to work and with 262k miles still a good driving decent car!

If you want reliability...
By stepay on 03/12/13 12:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

...get this car! Bought this car used in 2008 when it had 39,000 miles. Now has 78,000 and going strong. Have purchased new tires and then just oil and gas since. The Accord is just a great solid, safe, reliable car. If that excites you, then you're golden! It's not the most exciting car to look at, and it's not all that fun to drive, but you turn the key and it starts and you get to where you want to be...that makes for a great car in my opinion. It has decent power too which is nice. There's no reason we can't drive this car to 200,000 miles or more.

Why Did I Buy This Car?
By lebloom on 02/23/13 10:36 AM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Wanted a better car for the MPG's and thought a Hybrid was it. Was I ever wrong. Now have over 200k on it and the transmission has a noise coming from it and am told it has to be replaced, and they WON'T repair it! The ride is not the best and it never was Quiet to drive at all.