2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
BUILT FOR THE LONG HAUL
By hondas_rule on 04/14/14 13:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For the money the Accord EX-L 4 cyl is one of if not the best used car out there. Legendary dependability. Good on gas. Comfortable nice driving cars. Parts are cheap and easy to get. Cars are easy to work on. Bought mine with 38k miles. I do all the maintenance myself. The only thing I have had to fix with this car is the serpintine belt on the engine started to squeak at 100k so I replaced it. You can classify that as regular maintenance BTW. Car has 132k miles now and I need to adjust the valves since they starting ticking more than usual from a cold start. It's an easy job requiring no parts, just labor. 05, 06 & 07 Accord EX-L 4 cyls have to be the best used car period!

Best For The Money Bar None
By hondas_rule on 06/16/13 13:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I shopped around and drove a hard bargain. Bought my '05 Accord between Christmas and New Years of '08 which I've read is a slow time for dealers and a good time to buy. Got a nice clean EX 4 cyl with 38,000 miles on it for $12,800. Was easily the most car I could find for a 100 mile radius for under my $15,000 limit. I now have 120k miles on it. Only maintenance besides brake pads, rotors, fluids and filters is replacing a squeaking serpintine belt and a burnt out brake light. Easlily the best car I have ever owned. A dog with 4 people and luggage but does fine with 1-2 adults. This is my second Accord. I drive the old one to work and with 262k miles still a good driving decent car!

If you want reliability...
By stepay on 03/12/13 12:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

...get this car! Bought this car used in 2008 when it had 39,000 miles. Now has 78,000 and going strong. Have purchased new tires and then just oil and gas since. The Accord is just a great solid, safe, reliable car. If that excites you, then you're golden! It's not the most exciting car to look at, and it's not all that fun to drive, but you turn the key and it starts and you get to where you want to be...that makes for a great car in my opinion. It has decent power too which is nice. There's no reason we can't drive this car to 200,000 miles or more.

Honda quality all the way
By cyoung6 on 08/24/12 16:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car about 2.5 years ago with about 97K on it. It appeared to be highway miles and I believed in Honda quality so I purchased it. Extremely reliable and has had nothing but general maintenance done...I even skimp on this and the car is working great. It now has 160K. After reading other reviews, Im thinking I will just keep it until it needs a new engine or something so major. Only issue I have currently is a rusty squeak/grind from the lower steering column and under the body when I stop from moving and take off. Ive taken it to the shop twice and they cant find anything wrong, so I will just keep driving....

Long-term relationship!
By sullins on 08/13/12 20:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car I ever bought brand new. I wanted to wait a year or so before I posted a review and wow does time fly! Seven years later I am proud to say I still own this car and it will hit 232,000 miles on my drive to work tomorrow. This has been an incredibly reliable car. Outside of the usual maintenance such as tires, oil changes and brakes, I have replaced nothing more than batteries (think I have bought two) and light bulbs...literally. With that said, I'm awful on cars. I change the oil about every 10,000 miles & have never done 'scheduled maintenance' (dealership stuff). Still has original timing chain & clutch. As a commuter, this has been the best car I could have bought!

My High School dream car
By 92carlover on 07/20/12 17:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2005 Honda Accord LX 5 months ago at 159k miles. It was in good condition, minor outside damage. I was satisfied with the car. Until I noticed the great amount of gas usage. I keep my car fully maintained, oil change, tire rotation & the gas mileage still is HORRIBLE! After two months the radio light came on & off, now its not coming on AT ALL!( alot of reviews say the same thing) Has the power to get up and go overall GOOD car ! Cruise control has a malfunction as well as a HORRIBLE stereo system.

First major maintenance at 209,599
By joeydnj537 on 03/20/12 21:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased new. I am the only driver. Original Michelin tires replaced at 40,000 with Bridgestone Potenza a 50,000 rated Z tire, which I got 70,000 from. Replaced them with Bridgestone Turanza Serenty H rated. I rotate every 15,000 and filled with nitrogen. Replaced factory brake pads only at 70,000. Made mistake using aftermarket pads which yielded on 40,000. Replaced those pads only with Honda pads original rotors without cutting. Replaced spark plugs at 130,000. Replaced starter at 160,000. Replaced catalytic converter at 180,000 with a junkyard 2006 model crash with 30,000 on it. At 210,000 front Brembo rotors, rear rotors, Honda pads, 2 O2 sensor, MAF sensor, RF axle, control arm bushing

It's been good to me
By mickeycasa on 02/26/12 19:30 PM (PST)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my Honda Accord new and have been the only owner. The car now has about 108,000 miles on it and I haven't had any major issues. The only problem that just developed is that my rear passenger side door locked and I cannot get it unlocked. I will have to take it in to the dealership for this. I have it serviced regularly and could not ask for a better vehicle! Buying a Honda was a great choice. I will be giving mine to my son in four years and expect it to last him through his last few years of high school and through college!

Honda Lifer. Buy a Honda!
By luvmytwins1 on 08/30/11 10:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased car new, now has 111,000mi w/no problems. It has plenty of room, as much if not more than a SUV & very comfortable for long travel w/plenty of leg room in front seats or back. We had twins after we bought the car & it fits both car seats w/a small amount of room for someone in the middle. When our family doubled I thought we would buy something bigger & safer but quickly found out we had already purchased the car that fits everything x2, and a safe car. It's a smooth ride & very quite w/great handling. We travel once a month to see our family about 130mi away. I've never gotten out of this car & felt like I'd been driving for 2hrs. I would only sell this car for another Honda!

Perfect Car
By ericdeanftw on 08/26/11 22:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my honda accord in December of 2004, and have had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever. The car now has 250,000 miles and is still running like a charm. Definitely a Honda owner for life!