Used 2005 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best car
By Paul

2005 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is definitely one I'd buy all over again. I have hardly put any money into it since buying it 5.5 years ago. It had 95,000 miles when I bought it and now has over 180,000 miles on it. Other than several suspension work, it's had zero maintenance. Worth your money! 35 mpg helps too! (On trips)

Best car I've ever owned!
By aporter1995

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in a 00' Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with 139k miles (List of problems too long) for my high school dream car,a black Accord that had 148k miles on it and I haven't looked back! Love my car! Gas mileage is phenomenal compared to what I had, car runs smooth with no issues. I have owned the car 5 months and currently have 161k. I need to put brakes and tires on it but that of course is routine and it could use a serpentine belt. The only out of norm things would be the seat belt sensor (covered by Honda warranty still! Thanks Honda!) and now it has a bad air/fuel ratio sensor (O2 sensor) but nothing that negatively impacts the way it drives. Five stars all around! Great job Honda!

Love the moonroof, 6 CD Changer, and Spoiler!

Honestly, I can't think of anything. I hope Honda never backslides on the quality of parts they use!

Bad Engine (P1009)
By marco8436

2005 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

As a lifelong Honda customer I nerve thought I would have to write this review but considering my situation I have to do this. This past September, the check engine light code came on. I went to the dealer and the same service adviser mentioned it will cost me another $90 if it is a different code.The same code P1009 (VTC actuator Fail). The Service adviser said to me, “ Sir your car is burning oil inside the engine. You are going to need a new engine for $2500.” I was so shocked, I could say anything. After a few minutes I asked to speak with the manager. He mentioned to me “ Unfortunately, some engine do fail like this”. According to the technician who work

Beware of code P1009

BUILT FOR THE LONG HAUL
By hondas_rule

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For the money the Accord EX-L 4 cyl is one of if not the best used car out there. Legendary dependability. Good on gas. Comfortable nice driving cars. Parts are cheap and easy to get. Cars are easy to work on. Bought mine with 38k miles. I do all the maintenance myself. The only thing I have had to fix with this car is the serpintine belt on the engine started to squeak at 100k so I replaced it. You can classify that as regular maintenance BTW. Car has 132k miles now and I need to adjust the valves since they starting ticking more than usual from a cold start. It's an easy job requiring no parts, just labor. 05, 06 & 07 Accord EX-L 4 cyls have to be the best used car period!

Nice driving, unbelievably dependable, nice fit and finish, good stereo, parts are cheap and easy to find, car is easy to work on. I drove a hard bargain at Christmas and got a good deal and after 6 years cars like mine sell for 60% of what I paid.

It's a 4 cyl so it's no go-getter but for a 4 cyl it does surprizingly well. 4 cyl EX's don't come with dual power seats or fog lamps. Wish the stereo had a usb or port for my iPod. Not the most stylish car but not ugly. Rear seat could be a little bigger. Ride is a little jouncy for some people but I like the firmer ride. You have to put quiet tires on Accords or the tire noise will drive you nuts. Do the research to make sure the tires you buy are quiet.

Best For The Money Bar None
By hondas_rule

2005 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I shopped around and drove a hard bargain. Bought my '05 Accord between Christmas and New Years of '08 which I've read is a slow time for dealers and a good time to buy. Got a nice clean EX 4 cyl with 38,000 miles on it for $12,800. Was easily the most car I could find for a 100 mile radius for under my $15,000 limit. I now have 120k miles on it. Only maintenance besides brake pads, rotors, fluids and filters is replacing a squeaking serpintine belt and a burnt out brake light. Easlily the best car I have ever owned. A dog with 4 people and luggage but does fine with 1-2 adults. This is my second Accord. I drive the old one to work and with 262k miles still a good driving decent car!

Decent Interior, zero rust, very good fit and finish, extremely reliable, parts are cheap when and if you ever need to buy them, very nice driving car, holding its value extremely well

Too much road noise comes in the cabin from the tires. Common complaint for Accords. This can be alleviated to some extent by making sure you by quiet tires.