Used 2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 240 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2001 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My Accord
By My Accord

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Honda two years today. I love driving the car and it's well equipped. I love the moonroof, keyless entry and 6 disc CD changer. I take it in for maintance and I'm yet to have any problems. I'm currently at 92,000.

CD player, Keyless Entry, Moonroof

Rear leg room, Audio system, brakes

Love my Honda
By Tori

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2001 honda accord with 70k miles on it. Best car I have ever bought. Fun to drive. Easy to hook up for teens. Looks nice, and very spacious. It seems the manual hondas are better. Had a 97 honda civic automatic transmission. The car was used but after i bought it the transmission went up on me with 20k miles. I love my honda accord and wouldnt trade it for anything else.

6 disc CD changer, V-tech engine, trunk, the look

nothing should be changed about it

Thanks for nothing
By hose_job

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a reliable car for commuting purposes that I could put a decent amount of miles on without having to invest a big chunk of change into some major repairs a few years down the road. I decided to go with supposed "head of the" class when it comes to reliability. Sure enough, less than 4 years and 130K into into my transmission falls apart and they want me to stick another $5000 into a replacement. The jerks tried to blame me because I only changed the fluid once a year at every 40,000 miles, when the truth is the failure was caused by a terrible design that they openly admitted to by extending the warranty to 100K miles. OWN UP TO YOUR MISTAKES HONDA!!

DONT BUY A USED 01' ACCORD WITH ANY AMOUNT OF MILES ON IT!! The transmission will fail after 100K miles and you'll be footing a huge bill cause this company won't pay for the garbage that they are selling you.

Thanks for nothing
By hose_job

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a reliable car for commuting purposes that I could put a decent amount of miles on without having to invest a big chunk of change into some major repairs a few years down the road. I decided to go with supposed "head of the" class when it comes to reliability. Sure enough, less than 4 years and 130K into into my transmission falls apart and they want me to stick another $5000 into a replacement. They tried to blame me because I only changed the fluid once a year at every 40,000 miles, when the truth is the failure was caused by a terrible design that they openly admitted to by extending the warranty to 100K miles.OWN UP TO YOUR MISTAKES HONDA!!

Ageless reliability
By Todd S

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I passed up a high-end European car in 2001 on rumours of electrical problems. I'm at 65,000 miles and 2 accidents (not my fault) and the Accord is faultless. I haven't had even one issue, one rattle - nothing. (The dealer gets kudos for the quick faultless repairs after the accidents.) The TCS has proven helpful in ice, although better tires have proven a better solution in that area. Back seat fits a newborn carseat very well and the easy entry makes it easy for Dad to climb out after installing the carseat. After 5 years - I'm really digging for an excuse to get the 2005. But I can't come up with one. My car runs as well as the day I bought it. Go to Koons!

Reliable, reliable, reliable. Interior is comfortable, tight and well proportioned. Buttons make sense.

Change falls out of center console when the top is lifted. Center air vents could point a bit higher - I have to turn them to one side to get the air out of my eyes on a hot day.