Used 2001 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Thanks for nothing
By hose_job

2001 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a reliable car for commuting purposes that I could put a decent amount of miles on without having to invest a big chunk of change into some major repairs a few years down the road. I decided to go with supposed "head of the" class when it comes to reliability. Sure enough, less than 4 years and 130K into into my transmission falls apart and they want me to stick another $5000 into a replacement. They tried to blame me because I only changed the fluid once a year at every 40,000 miles, when the truth is the failure was caused by a terrible design that they openly admitted to by extending the warranty to 100K miles.OWN UP TO YOUR MISTAKES HONDA!!

DONT BUY A USED 01' ACCORD WITH ANY AMOUNT OF MILES ON IT!! The transmission will fail after 100K miles and you'll be footing a huge bill cause this company won't pay for the garbage that they are selling you.

Ageless reliability
By Todd S

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I passed up a high-end European car in 2001 on rumours of electrical problems. I'm at 65,000 miles and 2 accidents (not my fault) and the Accord is faultless. I haven't had even one issue, one rattle - nothing. (The dealer gets kudos for the quick faultless repairs after the accidents.) The TCS has proven helpful in ice, although better tires have proven a better solution in that area. Back seat fits a newborn carseat very well and the easy entry makes it easy for Dad to climb out after installing the carseat. After 5 years - I'm really digging for an excuse to get the 2005. But I can't come up with one. My car runs as well as the day I bought it. Go to Koons!

Reliable, reliable, reliable. Interior is comfortable, tight and well proportioned. Buttons make sense.

Change falls out of center console when the top is lifted. Center air vents could point a bit higher - I have to turn them to one side to get the air out of my eyes on a hot day.

Accord Advocate
By Accord Addict

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased in 5/04 with only 16K miles. Have put on 17K in 8 months. Had to replace drivers window regulator, but other than that no issues. Very dependable, peppy, fun to drive. Looking for another car now for my daughter and Accords are at the top of the list.

4 cylinder engine really gets up and goes. Good looking exterior.

None I can think of

One of the best cars ever built
By Dale

2001 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I believe Honda Accords are one of the best cars ever made dollar for dollar. If you have a job where you drive a lot as I do, I would HIGHLY recommend a Honda Accord. Keep the oil changed and drive them reasonably, and they will go for a very very long time.

Very ergonomic interior, brakes are outstanding, driving view, handling, build quality

As my fiancee says, it kind of looks like a Grandpa car...the new ones are much better. Plan on purchasing a new one next year.

Good family car to own
By Jeremy

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

All I can say is that I am very pleased with my Honda experience. Back in 2001, I traded in my 1990 Honda Accord EX for their latest model Accord EX-V6. I had some problems with my 1990, but mainly because I was taking my car to poor garages. Anyway, I've had nothing but success with my 2001. I purchased the extended 100,000 mile warranty, but so far, no problems. Replaced the tires at about 46,000 miles with new Bridgestone Turanzas; they swapped out the 6-CD changer because the laser started skipping, but no mechanical problems so far. I have to replace the rotors soon because I like to slam on the brakes in traffic a lot. I guess I'm somewhat of an aggressive driver. Great ride!

6-CD Changer in dash...Sunroof...Leather power seats...TCS (traction control) -- which is VERY useful... definately has been helpful in downpours and in the snow.

The metal body seems to dent easily... It seems I have nicks everywhere... I stopped counting. Maybe I just need the body reconditioned. At high speeds, it can get noisy -- also when you blast the radio, the mid-range speakers seem to "buzz" which is actually the door handle / arm rest vibrating.