Used 2006 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews - 402 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Volkswagen Passat

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Worst Car ever owned
By Arash

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car from The Autobarn VW of Mount Prospect by seller ViC. THIS CAR IS JUNK .IF YOU LOOKING TO BUY CAR STAY FAR AWAY FROM VW .from the fist day I got this car about 2 years ago till now I have problem with it. I almost Chang all part of the car and finally I trad a car this week with Honda and one more time This car is a piece of junk.I'll never get another VW and I never recommended to any one.

NOTHING AT ALL

STOP MAKING JUNK CAR.

Capacity Performance Quality Efficiency
By tallB

2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Owned 3.6L since new. 40k miles and a great car. Never stranded, no major issues. Get amazing MPG on the highway; e.g SF to Tahoe - avg 28 to 30 MPG City 16 to 18 depending on driving style. Solid NO rattles! Remember this was German built. Capacity! Folding rear seats can fit 7ft plus items. Rear facing child seat & still leg room in the front. No issues in a year or more. Park sensor beep in rain issue was fixed now no issues. Comp update – hesitating acceleration gone. Performance, handling, features, quality unmatched. More HP & Torque than BMW 330, can take it any. Styling has held well, granted not as great as a BMW but sacrifice a little vanity for HP, room, cup holders, features.

Performance - Acceleration and Torque never lose the battle for a lane. Capacity - this car holds a ton! Quality - solid built no rattling Efficiency - excellent MPG Holds a family and drives like a sports car.

Honestly there isn't much you could improve on the 3.6L Sport Package #2

Worst Car ever owned
By tb

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've never had a car that was in the shop more than this car. It started off in the shop at 8,000 miles, and had problems ever since. I just traded it in at 37, 650 miles b/c the engine went. I thought bc I was spending more on this car that it would be better in value, that was NOT the case at all. DO NOT get a VW if you are looking for a new car; this car was more trouble than its worth!!!!

Exterior and purple dash lights

NO comment read the above

If only it were reliable
By b-radaz10

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When I bought this car I totally loved it. I drives great and was fun to drive. I never noticed until I went to sell it and got the vehicle service history printed out that I took it in 14 times for non-standard maintenence in 4.5 years. This is ridiculous. As soon as the warranty ran out, then I had to start paying for repairs out of pocket. Sooo disappointing. I would have loved to have kept this car, but the unreliability is so huge. I've previously owned another VW before this that had some problems. I will never buy another VW. Again, the reliability is terrible. I think VW should pay me back for the 3 visits to dealer in one month alone that cost nealy $3500.

Good ride, 2.0 turbo engine is fun to drive and gets great gas mileage, large back seat and trunk, had the upgraded sound system and it rocked.

Talk to Japanese counterparts about how to build a reasonably reliable car.

Disappointed
By Disappointed

2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Terrible experience. First VW in my family and never again. Under warranty: the window motor in the passenger door breaks within a day after repair (5x "repaired"), the A/C went out after only a year and while I was finishing up the work week (in the summer, of course) and driving with the windows down/ sunroof open, the sunroof decided not to close. Lock/Unlock buttons peeling. Window shade lights (next to mirror) went out within months. Right after the warranty ran out, the entire control board and steering column went out (car wouldn't start): over $1000. Cruise control broke. And now the engine has blown: $7500 plus tax/fees to repair. Too expensive to repair!!

It is a beautiful car; love the ambiant lights; fun to drive when it isn't in the shop (which is every few months).

It should not cost so much to repair this car! And if you make a faulty car, you shouldn't hide behind the warranty ending to not do anything to fix the fact that it is junk.