Used 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 151 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (151 reviews )

Terrible car, do not get!
By ruthey

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car for a little over a year. I got this car as my first car. I am currently 18, i got this car when i was 17. I was so excited to get a car and my dad told me i had to get this one. It worked ok for the first few months but slowly gone down hill. when the recalls came out, and they replaced the recalled items. that is when the problems had started beside from the air conditioner and heater. it smells like smoke when i turn it on, so i do not use it. it is loud and it takes off from me. i hate this car and i will never buy another Toyota and Toyota doesn't do anything and refuse to. I tried to get it as a lemon but since they'll take it not do anything, it cant go through as 1

gps

EVERYTHING. they need to redo the whole car

Love this car
By SalesMonkey

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

As a traveling sales person, I spend a lot of time in the car and I searched for a comfortable vehicle with excellent mileage - and integrated GPS! My Camry meets all the requirements. I routinely get 40 mpg on the highway and if I baby it, I can get the tank average to be 40+. Awesome. I am comfortable on long trips, the JBL audio system is great, and there is plenty of room for my 6'3" frame and passengers. This vehicle replaced a diesel VW and I was concerned it wouldn't match the mileage, but it has exceeded all of my expectations.

Touch Screen Navigation, Silent electric propulsion, excellent sound insulation (compared to my VW!), comfortable seats

The BlueTooth system is useless - no one can hear me if it's connected. The microphone should be repositioned or upgraded.

Nu owner loving it
By nuowner

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought a 2 weeks ago with 6,000 miles on it. High end vehicle. Loving it. 39+ mpg 650 mi first trip. Used cruise set at speed limit. Looks like 38+ in city driving so far. Easy to ease off and glide at 25-40 mph after well warmed on level or slight downhill. Disappointed in the lousy manuals, even the short one. Needs a GOOD manual for nav for a non-technical person like my wife. I have only begun to figure it out and have years of equipment and technical experience. Nav should have a "basic" mode for naive users like my wife. Horrible blue color bezel for the display panel! It looks nice in my gray interior - awful in others I saw.

mpg and keyless feature.

Basic mode for Navigation. Clear indication of keyless accessory only mode. Explanation of what passenger does if driver incapacitated and they are in the other seat. Does the electric steering lock if button pressed by passenger for 3 second shutdown? Larger trunk...body shell change?

Perfect fit
By cpl8

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I came out of a 2008 Camry SE, I loved that car, it was totaled so I went with a 2009 Camry Hybrid fully loaded. I'm 6' 4" and its a perfect fit. Lots of room. The car shows 36-37 per gallons avg. never better then 37.6mpg

Folding side mirrors, Memory seats, Cool Air condition seats to go with the heated, Rear camera, too much wind noise,

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid
By Hammerstein

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Picked up a used (28500 miles) 2009 Camry hybrid for the size and mpg. Quickly learned the sweet spots (`35 mph) and (`72 mph) that results in incredible mileage. Feather the gas peddle and try to keep the car operating on battery power alone for as long as you can. I read most of the review on this site and agree with those who post excellent gas mileage. I drove a couple hundred miles and easily got close to 40 mpg! Ride is soft and comfortable and will be great for the family. It drives straight and has a lot of features that made this car the perfect choice for us. The car is certified and I purchased and extended warranty, so am very well protected.

MPG Leather heated seats & sunroof The ride and feel of the car Cabin layout and steering wheel controls

Improved direct drive under battery only when driving under 40 mph.