Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

$7,000

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Fast and FUN

wrxstiguy, 07/20/2005

I am a 22 year old male that loves this car. In February i picked up an '05 Sentra Spec V and that was fun ... for the first month. Then I wanted a turbo so I started looking and wasn't sure if I wanted a EVO MR or the STi. Glad I picked the STi; I have no regrets.

Extraordinary

Greg, 07/28/2005

The car is fantastic. The handling is neutral and very responsive. The brakes have a lot of stopping power. The car has a lot of grip. The engine has a lot of bottom end torque as well as peak horsepower. The car works very well int he wet, and the hydroplaning stability is superb. I have never driven a better car in the snow. I had Michelin Pilot Alpin snow tires on it, this winter, and on three highway trips in snow storms, there was no other vehicle with the grip, stability, and control to keep up with me. The interior is well laid out, comfortable, and efficient. Overall, I think this car is probably the best valued car made; it certainly is the best performance car value.

Best price to value car out there

Gwarior, 08/01/2005

Had the car for 2 months now and I must say that I'm very impressed by most everything about the car. Handling is incredible, the car grips the road like no other (but I do get a greater sense of body roll than in every other car I've owned). It's got a decent powerband for a 2.0L but the car doesn't really show it until you're pushing 3000 RPMs because the turbo takes awhile to spool up due to a cat just inches before the turbo. The car offers a fairly smooth ride despite a stiffer suspension that the average car. The seats hold you in as you're zipping around turns and console navigation is a breeze. I love the car. I've owned quicker AWD turbos, but nothing as reliable or in the budget.

Bang for your buck

carlo, 10/04/2005

2000 miles under my belt in my new WRX wagon and no major complaints. It doesn't excel in any one area, but does a lot of different things really well. It's not perfect, but nothing else in this price range performs like this. It's a true driver's car, so its not always that comfortable, but so what? The all-wheel drive and turbo provide lots of fun on the way to work and the grocery store.

2005 STi

bob wilson, 12/01/2005

Awesome car! Definitely the best performance for anything under $50k. Can match or beat most cars of any price range in any type of performance. It drives and handles amazingly. The AWD truly puts the 300 hp to the streets. Awesome turbo power through the full spectrum of rpm's. Its aggressive exterior is eye catching and turns plenty of heads. Its boy-racer style aggressive looks truly inspired me. It truly is an amazingly awesome sport compact car.