Used 2007 Mazda 5 Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 5 model:

Getting Another
By Tricia

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my 2007 Mazda5! I love it even more now. Unfortunately someone hit me this week and totaled my beloved vehicle. Over $15000 in damage and I feel perfect 3 days after, my 18 mo old son is unhurt. The car did just what it should - protect my family. I called dealer next day and am going to get my 2008 next week. Any car that is this safe as well as fun to drive, nice looking and roomy - what more could you ask for?

So easy with carseats! I have used it both forward facing and rear facing. The middle seats ability to move back help with the space needed for a rear facing seat.

Passenger armrest - but I hear it will be in my 2008 version

Love it, hate it relationship!
By Love it, hate it!

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love my Mazda 5 but there are so many small things about it that drive me crazy seems though its brand new. The style of the car is awesome and it is dependable and a low cost car, the mpg wasn't as great as I thought it would be but its not awful. Overall I love the car but NO armrest, come on! The car drives awful in snow, I can't even leave the house, guess it's not a good vehicle for Ohioans. The brakes squeak very loud when backing up. The back door handles freeze. The tires are new but I slide a lot on wet surfaces. The car has an awful vibration that comes and goes, it also vibrates when the windows are down and it feels like your eardrums just popped

Style, cost, plenty of room for family of 4.

Brakes, tires, door hatches, armrest, vibration problem.

Fun car
By Damo

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

It is a great car to have and drives well. Passenger seat in the front can use a hand rest. Gets low on boot space if you use all third row seats. Mileage is not so great as promised.

Sporty look, good safety features.

Front seat passenger can use a arm rest.

Great little Magic Bus
By BNC

2007 Mazda 5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, roomy little mini-minivan. Have driven 6200 miles in 4 weeks, peppy with 5 speed manual trans, but experiencing the often- reported throttle hesitation. Will try the ECM reflash at the dealer to see if problem is resolved. Tires seem to flatspot on sitting overnight; bumpy ride for first 8-10 miles each morning.

Sliding mid-row seats, sliding side doors, versatility. Design execution is great!

Better heater flow, which may have been addressed on '08 models. More sound deadening materials in doors/floorboards to quiet the interior. Remote spin-on oil filter would be nice instead of cartridge style filter.

Nice Car!
By Esteban

2007 Mazda 5 Touring 4dr Minivan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Impeccable ride, unbeeeelievable!!! amount of space 45sf with the 3rd row folded and more than 60sf with the 2nd row folded. (Compared to only 14sf of my previous Corolla.) I recently travel overseas and placed 5 big suitcases, 2 carryons and 1 stroller in the car without losing visibility and without folding the 2nd row of seats. Everything in the car is in the right place. Sporty engine and handling and loaded with options for the money. I definitely recommend this car for a young and growing family.

Space (extremely roomy), sporty engine, comfortable ride, dashboard, visibility, quality interior.

Rear lights design, passenger seat hand rest.