Used 2006 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews - 292 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Pilot

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

Great SUV!
By Labrynth

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Pros: Space, power, storage, safety.

Cons: mileage, non-optional 3rd row, non opening back glass

I bought a 2006 Pilot EX 2WD almost 1.5 months ago and have put ~ 1200 miles on it. I've done a pretty even mix of highway and city driving and a good mix with the A/C and without. When I decided I wanted to trade in my 99 Nissan Sentra I knew I wanted something that could easily haul around 2 big dogs and possibly 3. The 3 in the running ended up being the Toyota Highlander, Saturn Vue and the Pilot. To be honest after only a few miles I knew a Pilot was what I wanted. The others just didn't compare. It handles well and came with a lot of standard things other SUVs didn't have.

Tons of space and storage, enough for most people and then some. The 6-cyl engine gives you plenty of power and the economy feature is also a nice bonus. Personally I like the sound system. The STANDARD safety features were a big plus. Side impact airbags and side curtain airbags are a MUST.

I don't really have any strong dislikes. Third row seat should be optional. The back glass would be really useful if it could open independently. I've been getting 20 mpg pretty consistently. Day time running lights and upgraded rearview mirro should be standard. Seat memory would be nice.

Lack of Features
By Debra

2006 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased the Pilot. I went in looking for a 2007, but the 2006 was substantially less expensive. Compared to my last SUV, I am disappointed in the lack of exterior and interior features. Such as no top of roof racks. Also there is no exterier rim for protection against other car doors ramming yours.le probably doored mine. The interior in this model also has a lack of features such as a small beverage holder that only fits the average size drink rather that a beverage holder that can fit wider beverages as well. The backseat fabric shows every stain. Some good stuff: I love the size and roominess. The ride is smooth and the Pilot is easy to manipulate.

Inside roominess. A place for my pocketbook. Lots of storage. Seats are quite comfortable.

Put racks on all models of your SUVs. Improve the size of the cup holder so most drinks fit, even you wider cups. Seat fabrics need to be improved so as not to show stains.

What a Great Ride!!!!!!!!
By Laybaclenn

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far so good I've had the Pilot for three weeks. It's awesome!

Entertainment Center

Place gear shifter in middle.

I love my Pilot
By RJR

2006 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle is quite comfortable and has plenty of room. The fit and finish are high quality but a little plain. The fuel mileage is similar to the EPA numbers and reasonable for a car of this size.

The front seats are very comfortable. I have a bad back and love the lumbar and lateral support from the drivers seat.

Since the vehicle is seldom or ever off road consider lowering the vehicle a little.

Excellent...!!!!!!! Value for the Money
By Hello

2006 Honda Pilot EX 4dr SUV w/Navigation (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle, Value for your money. Cheaper than other competitors with navigation. Got the Pilot with Navigation. Excellent vehicle. Good control and having comfortable seating for 5 adults and in Third row kids can sit. Navigation is the coolest feature. Very helpful when driving during detour roads.

Navigation, In dash 6 CD changer. Heated leather seats. Cell phone holder and Conversation glass.

Model should come with both Rear DVD and Navigation. MP3 player should come with the CD player. Gas Mileage.