Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

$50k piece of junk
By Dissapointed

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Considering all the good reviews I must have gotten the car built on a Friday before a holiday. This is the worst car I have ever owned. Worst paint job I have ever seen. Silver body doesn’t match the gray front. Visible drips in the paint. Car was purchased new but I took it to a body shop to see if it was ever hit and repainted. Seams don't line up, door doesn't close flush. Worst stereo I have ever heard. Cheap interior. Center console was put on incorrectly. Window indexing mechanism was defective. Brakes continued to squeak even after service addressed issue. Loud and embarrassing buzzing/humming sound coming from the dash when car goes over 70mph. Too many other problems to list.

The exterior of this car is a work of art (from a distance). Great gas mileage. OnStar is a nice feature.

How this car made it through the quality control part of production line is beyond me. Hire people that actually care about the quality of their work.

No car better!
By Conrad

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm a mechanical engineer and I love this car, my first Corvette! Acceleration, fuel economy, fun to drive. It's much more than I thought a Corvette could be. The engineers who worked on this car should be very proud. I test drove what I thought was my dream car, a BMW Z coupe, M series (my daily driver is a 5 series) and it did not compare. Only two options; Z51 and dual mode exhaust. I removed the fuse from the exhaust so it's open all the time. At 58 years old, this car makes me feel the same way I did when I was 23. I drive it on day long trips through the Ozark mountains, simply wonderful. A pure expression of freedom and individuality. It's magic!

Acceleration, it's breathtaking. Firing it up early on a Saturday morning. This car has long legs. I've spent twelve hours driving it, stopping only for gas and coffee, very comfortable. And I've averaged 22 miles per gallon overall since I bought it 7600 miles ago.

Better stereo. Led Zeppelin sound reproduction could be improved.

Best money ever spent
By George Ware

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a 1984 and a 1986 Z51 C4. I liked the C5 but didn't have the money. When I picked up my black on black 3LT C6 the smile stuck to my face. and now I have high blood pressure when ever you push the start button 8^). I love this car... and after a year & 8k miles it keeps getting better!

Nav system, dual mode head up display, memory package, 6 speed and selective ride control, cross drilled brakes, univ. Home remote, dual mode performance exhaust, heated driver & passanger seat.

Less brake dust

American Muscle
By Tony Fiorello

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 11th Corvette since I was 18. I have had a pretty wide spread of years and this 2008 steals the show! Very docile in traffic but packs a heck of a punch when desired. I had a fast 1972 LT1 car that this one would probably beat, and be more comfortable doing it. The electronic suspension control really steps up to the plate when needed. Thanks Chevy, you're number 1 in my book!

It's all about the performance
By mp

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car strictly for the performance. It is not a daily driver for me. This is my first Vette. I test drove TT,335I, IS350, G35. The power of this car with NPP,Z51 and 6 speed manual is a rush. Nothing compares in this price range. I do think the seats could be more comfortable and I will replace the run flats with Pilot Sports when worn out. The targa top "pops" over large bumps. I've been told that is a common issue but easy to fix. When driving aggressively I sometimes have troulbe finding 3rd gear. Bought the Mild to Wild dual mode exhaust controller and run it open all the time. The sound is awesome. Overall very happy with it and can't wait to get back in it.

6 speed, NPP exhaust and Z51. New rims for 08. Push button start. Being able to select competitive mode or turn off traction control. It does make a difference in acceleration. Be careful though!

Lose the run flats. Better seats. Insulate center console better. It does get hot. Get rid of the packages and let people order options ala carte. I would have loved heads up display but did'nt want the extras with it. Lose the pain in the rear 1st to 4th shift.