Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Neck Snapping Fast
By 1st Corvette

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have only owned sports cars, and this is the fastest car I have ever owned. Had several Mustangs, Porsches, and now my first Chevrolet. The 6.2 litre is has more horsepower than most will be able to handle. This car could break the tires loose in 4th gear. I almost didn't purchase the car because I thought the interior was kind of cheap looking. But I have adjusted. Car sounds good! Who doesn't like an American V8. Had some issues with heated seats, headlight, and stereo is subpar.

6.2 litre engine. 6 speed transmission. 19inch stock chrome wheels. Keyless entry, keyless start.

Stereo is a little weak, interior feels cheesy at first.

Absolutely love this car
By Jeffrey

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased an Atomic Orange Z-51 4LT with all the options. This car is absolutely fantastic. Sticks to the road like the tires are glued down. Gas mileage is unbelievable for a car with 436 hp. I use the cruise control a lot to improve the mileage, and often find myself getting in the low 30's, until I get up past 60 mph, when it drops down to 28 to 29 mpg. No other car with this much power, comfort, and performance can compare. I get compliments about my car everywhere, even while sitting at stop lights. Reliability has been absolutely superb (do you hear that Consumer Reports???).

First, the interior quality (4LT). The hand sewn leather dash and door panels are stunning, and as well made as any foreign car costing 3x as much. Heads up display (GM - put this in all your cars), push button start, duel mode exhaust, and more raw HP than can sanely be used.

Nothing on the car. The depreciation value on Corvettes is unrealistic, dropping 20 grand in the first year alone. I paid over 64K for mine new, and with only 7k miles on it now, there's no way I would even think of taking less than 55k for it now. Lets get realistic on values here.

My Best Corvette Yet (Number 8)
By K7XB

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This 2008 Corvette ZO6 is the second ZO6 I've owned...and by far the best. Back in 68' I had another 427 Corvette but it sure didn't have the performance of this new one. Looks like GM now knows how to transfer all 505 hp to the road. Good job guys! Super car this ZO6.

1). Hand made LS7 with 505 hp. 2). Traction 3). New head lights...I can see at night now. 4). Styling. Love the fixed roof and sloping rear window. Big improvement over my 2004 C5 ZO6.

The Nav system isn't as good as it should be for the extra $1750. Stop making so many Commemorative Edition Corvettes!

Wow
By Ted

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I now have this car almost 2 years with only 1 minor issue. The trunk release from outside the car(by the rear plate)don't work. Besides that no other issues. This car is awesome, with incredible power. It's also very comfortable even on long trips. I'm always looking for an excuse to drive because of the fun of this machine.

Power, Nav, memory seats, heated seats,the looks.

make the doors/armrest with leather instead of plastic.

I'll get another one already
By Rick

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have an 08 convertible with the 3LT option and my wife has the 08 coupe with the Z51 option and the dual mode exhaust. I did not get the exhaust option on mine or the Z51 option and quickly wanted to drive her car instead. Now I've added a GM performance exhaust system to mine and wooooo!!!! However, I am now already looking at jumping on an 09 model as they now offer the cyber grey color. I hope to get a dealer to put me into that car, otherwise my wife and I can still enjoy our two 08 models. Now I will shop for an 09 with the dual mode exhaust and Z51 options exclusively.

both are fun to drive for their own reasons. Get one of both!

USB connection and on the DVD nav system, design a media file system that does not take a special media format. Just try to play a regular MP3 CD created at home in the DVD nav system....It seems to have a very finicky format requirement to make your own MP3 CD.