Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

I'll get another one already
By Rick

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have an 08 convertible with the 3LT option and my wife has the 08 coupe with the Z51 option and the dual mode exhaust. I did not get the exhaust option on mine or the Z51 option and quickly wanted to drive her car instead. Now I've added a GM performance exhaust system to mine and wooooo!!!! However, I am now already looking at jumping on an 09 model as they now offer the cyber grey color. I hope to get a dealer to put me into that car, otherwise my wife and I can still enjoy our two 08 models. Now I will shop for an 09 with the dual mode exhaust and Z51 options exclusively.

both are fun to drive for their own reasons. Get one of both!

USB connection and on the DVD nav system, design a media file system that does not take a special media format. Just try to play a regular MP3 CD created at home in the DVD nav system....It seems to have a very finicky format requirement to make your own MP3 CD.

Go buy one today!
By Matt

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've been looking to buy a new Corvette for about 3 months. With GM reporting a sales decrease of 45% for October, I knew now was the time to pull the trigger. I bought the machine silver 2008 convertible with titanium interior and a black top. It looks great in the garage and I smile everytime I open the garage door. Absolutely no buyer's remorse. The only reason I gave the interior design a 9 is because I can't plug my MP3 into the stereo... what's that all about? The NPP dual mode exhaust is cool as hell and the magnetic selective ride rocks. If you're thinking at all about buying one of these, don't wait any longer. Now's the time do get a great deal on a great American sports car.

It's a convertible. The top goes down and with the heated seats life couldn't be better. The dual mode exhaust sounds sweet when you start it up. The waves, honks, and thumbs up I get when I'm driving around town.

A stereo plug in for an MP3 player.

An Elephant in the Alps
By Bill

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I got this car in place of a Porsche 911 S and believe me, this car is no Porsche. It's huge for a "sports car". A sports car is supposed to be small, powerful and nimble. The Vette's handling is comparable to an elephant trying to perform on the balance beam at the Olympics. Sure, I like the power under the hood. 30 horses with the dual mode exhaust sounds great, but that's about the only thing that's great on this car. After driving BMW's, Z cars, Porsche's and even my Mercedes E350, I am very disappointed in the way this car's handing and appointments are for the money. Can't anyone in the U.S. build a "sports car" at least in the league of the afore mentioned. Pitiful.

The power.

Downsize the car (baby elephant walk comes to mind). Build the car so tires that are 2 miles wide don't have to make up for the car's poor handling. The Bose sound system is a joke. The interior quality is a joke along with the cheap convertible top. The front of the car scrapes most of the time.

Wow!
By Paul

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had an M3 ten years ago which was the benchmark for me for purchasing a new sports car. The Corvette handles as well as the M3 with an enormous amount of power. I still can't wipe the smile off of my face everytime I drive this car.

Everything

None

Best Ever
By STAN ALEXANDER

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned five Corvettes in my life, but my 2008 is the first new one I have had. In 2004 I bought a beautiful black 2002 convertible and I really loved it, then I began reading about the 2008 and the new engine, and I figured since I had just turned 60 I would by a new Corvette. I ordered a Crystal red convertible, ebony interior, dual mode exhaust and LT3 package. I have not been disappointed, it handles like a dream, it feels so tight and manageable and when you just step on the gas, not floor it, you are doing 70 before you know it, but the best part is that almost every time I take it out, strangers will stop and tell me that is the "best looking car I've ever seen". No problems.

Engine power, the sound of the exhaust. Power top and I like the XM radio. And, of course, the beauty of the car.

I really don't have any