2000 Audi TT Consumer Review: Dream Car or Maintenance Night

2000 Audi TT - Consumer Review

Dream Car or Maintenance Nightmare?
By Parnelli on

2000 Audi TT quattro Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Driving my dream car is great but owning it is not. Good thing I bought the extended warranty because I needed all I could squeeze out of it. If my money is going to Europe, I want to go with it so I'm selling my TT. I'll miss driving it and parking in sports car row but not the too-frequent trips to the dealer and the bite on my finances. And I'll stop twitching when the gas warning tone goes off because I think something else has gone wrong. This was my second German car and I'll never buy another one. Get AAA road service; you'll need it. Audi understands nothing about customer satisfaction or support.

Handling, zippiness, cornering, fabulous styling, getting appreciative looks. In terms of style and performance, this car was great. I loved driving it from the start-up engine purr to the solid clunk of the closing door.

Dependability is the big issue. TT needs power seats, noise control, reliable electronics, and better manufacturing overall. They cheaped out on features a car of this price should have standard

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review