Used 2008 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

20K Miles - Little Flaws
By Norcal221

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After 20K miles and 24 mos of owning the base model, still a blast to drive on dry, wet or snowy roads. SH-AWD outperforms my 4wd 08 Tahoe. Had electrical glitches that the dealer had to fix: CD player failed, exterior temp. thermometer failed, sunroof failed. 2nd stage clearcoat not premium-needs to be detailed every 6 mos or so to restore the like-new luster. Forget the 3rd row seating unless you have little kids; no legroom. 2nd row fits 3 adults comfortably. No other problems! Currently averaging 18 mpg & tires starting to fade due to aggressive driving. Worth every penny!

SH-AWD meter on dash graphically displays power distribution to front, rear, left and right wheels; really cool on icy roads. Headlamps are trick - linear broadcast gives a wider field of view when dark.

Needs better clearcoat, Acura needs to improve electrical harness! Had same problems on my earlier vehicles. Ipod connection needs to be updated.

Love my MDX!
By Buck

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Best car I have ever driven. I came from a mini van and wanted something more sporty. Handling is great. Easy to parallel park. Turns on a dime. I love how it looks. Few things they should improve on: paint chips easily, bluetooth poor quality, navigation system needs much more updates, coin tray cover broke, running board separated, needs a right arm rest or higher console, a lot of wind noise unless you remove the roof rack, need a place to put my purse. When getting in the car I wish the seat would not advance right away; this makes it hard to get in. Had roaring noise in drivers front. We already had to replace the bearings!! Even with all this I still love the car.

The look, handling, XM radio, sun roof, nice wheels. Extra seat sure comes in handy! Room for 7.

Paint chips easily, bluetooth poor quality, nav system needs more updates, coin tray cover broke, running board separated, needs right armrest, wind noise unless you remove the roof rack, need a place for my purse. When getting in the car the seat should not advance yet. Bad Wheel Bearings already!!

Very nice rig
By john

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I now have over 30k miles and have had a good experience with this SUV. I've had a Lexus GX, ML 500 and this vehicle compares very well. Not as powerful but gets the job done very well. It handles awesome and once the rpm's are up there it rips. A bit anemic off idle though. I tow a snowmobile trailer and the dealer tells me I need new shocks which are covered under warranty thankfully. I'd recommend this vehicle.

Excellent handling. Comfy seats. Nice Nav system w/excellent sound system. I've gotten over 25mpg when driven with a gentle foot.

Faux wood interior a bit cheesy. More low end power.

Great car
By De

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I researched this car for over a year. My work paid off. The dealership is great and the automobile is fantastic. The only negative is I feel the paint is a little thin. It nicks very easily. I love the drive, the reliability, and handling. Is it fun to drive??? Really, it is an SUV not a Porsche!

The best navigation system.

Better paint. Nicks very easy.

Great Car-like SUV... still miss my car
By JnJ

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My experience with the Acura MDX 2008 has been nice. I came from driving a 2005 Nissan Max and needed something bigger and better with safety for me at the time (10 mth old son). The MDX does get up and go, but not initially. I have had it less than a year with just 11,000 hwy miles on it and have never had a problem until now. Took a trip to NC and came back with a loud humming noise. Turned out it was bad wheel bearings. Hopefully once fixed, will not happen again. Other than that all has been well and I am happy with the customer service I have received.

comfy seats with numerous positions, sound system, secure environment of the vehicle, bluetooth that rings through the speakers in the car

arm rest console needs to be higher, center air vents need to be in a different position or be able to turn them off, steering wheel needs to move closer to driver, thicker steering wheel, roof rack standard, choice of rims, auto trunk opener should be standard, auto door lock should lock sooner