First Brand New Car
By darkblash on
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
Buying a Brand New car is never an excellent value. However, Subaru is not only well know for their exceptional reliability, saftey, and customer loyalty, they are also one of the top brands listed for resale value. When comparing the 2012 impreza on paper to its closest competitors it is not definitively going to jump off the page as the best choice in the segment. That is dependent on what your needs are; if you live in the snow belt, and are interested in upgrading or trading the car 5-10 years down the road, the impreza is a great choice. Many complain about the MPG not reaching 36mpg hwy.
Favorite Features
-HD Radio on Sport Limited Many complain about the MPG not reaching 36mpg hwy. Most of those poor reviews are in colder states, and the engines have less than the typical 3k miles of 'break in' required. There has been a noticable jump in the past week of warmer weather in my MPG's from mixed driving of 27MPG's to 30MPGs on this last tank, and my Sport Limited only has 1,300 miles. Subaru's interior is simple yet refined, distraction-free of the extremely cluttered interior compared to the focus or elantra.
Suggested Improvements
-Tail lights are ugly, and buldgy -Heated seats control in awkward location (how often is that button used anyway?) -Stock tires are subpar -Edmunds neesd to allow more in-depth customer reviews. Shouldn't technology in automobiles have an ipad like removeable 'brain' to allow upgrades every 2-3 years? Think about it, your cutting edge smart phone you bought in 2008 now looks outdated and ridiculous... I think the same will be true of the focus' and elantra's interiors-- I doubt they will age well. The Impreza is not the prettiest car, the best fuel consumption, or the best equipped vehicle, or the best in any class for that matter. In my opinion, it is the best choice for me.