2012 So Far So Good
By bg18947 on
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport Limited PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)
I've had the Impreza for about 5 weeks now and I don't have any complaints (except for the cheap vinyl on the sun visors). For the price, it meets my expectations. This car replaces our older 00 Legacy GT Ltd. It is light and nimble. We also tested in comparison: Volvo S60 T6; Audi A4 Avant; Toyota Venza; Ford Edge SEL; Kia Optima, Sportage, Sorento. My wife decided to choose the car on a pre-order sight unseen as she is happy with her decision. We could easily afford more car, but she is very satisfied with the new Impreza.
Favorite Features
Impressive handling, very good suspension, good brake modulation, and outstanding visibility. CVT has very good grade logic down-shifting. It's not a speedster, it's a value AWD car with outstanding traction and good fuel effficiency. Simple and spartan dashboard controls/console (not overwhelming). Clean engine compartment, so you can do your own maintenance.
Suggested Improvements
Subaru can use a better materials for the sun visors. I would be willing to pay a bit more for the multi-function display and the HID option available in the Canadian models. I would have also paid for power seats with memory presets.