Used 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium PZEV Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Oil Consumption
By csl12

2012 Subaru Impreza Hatchback 2.0i Premium PZEV 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the 2012 Impreza after our 2004 was totaled. We also own a Forester and have owned 3 others. We have had check engine, oil pressure, and low oil warnings 7 times in two years. In particular, we've had low oil 5 times within the past 7 months and only 7,000 miles. The car is definitely burning oil. Dealer agrees it's burning oil and is not leaking. It doesn't leak "enough" and is considered to be "normal" by the service manager. As a 25 year Subie owner, I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in the vehicle and Subaru's inaction. I doubt we'll be another Subie- but I do LOVE my 2010 Forester (before the engine change!!!)

Fix the oil consumption problem!

Disappointing
By knahs25

Third Subaru I have owned. Less power than my 2004 Impreza with no significant increase in miles per gallon (got 28 mpg on 2004 and getting 30 mpg on this). There is a really stupid gague to let you know how to drive to get better mileage - shows I get good mileage going downhill and bad mileage going up hill. Still not designed for a short people - sliding armrest helps but still about 2 inches too short. I don't think the low profile is going to get me through a whole lot of deep snow. I wouldn't have gone with this except for Consumer Reports high rating. Wish I had gone with the Hyundai Elantra GT instead which is almost the same car dimension wise (interior and exterior).

Steering wheel controls for radio

Make armrest so a short person can make use of it. Improve gas mileage.