2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Reviews

2012 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2.0i Premium Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
made of cheap plastic
By neveragain70 on 01/04/15 14:18 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Driven 46k. Mtor and drive OK, But burns oil, doesn't delver promise mpg and airbag and track warning lights continual go off and on due to poor engineering and sensor designs. Particularly digusting is fact that the outer body is made of thin cheap plastic with parts held on without screws. As such fog light covers are continually failing off and the body parts break with even gentle contact. I have been driving for 40 plus years and I have never seen such poor quality.

Great AWD, some annoying weaknesses
By hughk4 on 03/05/14 06:16 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this because I needed AWD, but didn't want a truck or an SUV. When conditions make AWD necessary, I love this car. Other times I like it a lot, but there are several things that keep me from loving it. See my suggested improvements for these comments. If you need AWD, this car has very few competitors in its price range. Of the 4 cars I own, when weather is bad, everyone wants to drive the Impreza.

More Daewoo than Subaru
By stillyourking on 02/25/14 14:15 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

As an owner of a '12 Subaru Impreza 2.0 Premium, I wouldn't recommend the purchase of this car. The quality is far less than that of the '08 - '11 Impreza. The engine is loud, and has intense vibration, weatherproofing is shoddy, road noise interferes with conversation, interior materials rattle, and scratch easily. The seat fabric has folded in some parts, and became unwoven in others, the driver seat squeaks when your body shifts (only 178 lbs). Seats are uncomfortable on long trips (my Pontiac Vibe had more comfortable and supportive seats). Gets a combined 28 MPG (rated as 27/36 MPG).

I love my Impreza!!!!!
By ryanlongacre on 08/08/12 22:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

For years I've been driving Toyota's. When it came time for me to buy a new car though, I wanted something different. I found the different in a brand new 2012 Subaru Impreza Premium. So far, it is AMAZING!!!! I've never been excited about a car, but this I'm pinching myself going, "Hey, this really is your car....this isn't a dream." I realize that I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I do plan to update this review in time to point out any problems or issues I've come across.

A great car, for the most part
By nkrish on 07/30/12 07:16 AM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

When I initially got the car, it was winter and I did get some not-so-impressive mileage ratings which made me think I had made a bad decision, since mpg was one of the biggest factors for buying this vehicle. But it got better in a few months after getting it - either because the engine was broken in, or because it is summer now. I am happier now than I was then. Some minor issues prevent me from giving it an awesome rating.

Amazing car
By lovemyswagaru on 05/22/12 22:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I must say that I am unbelievably pleased with my purchase. I have over 3600 miles on my Impreza now, and about to get my first oil change. The gas mileage going 70mph from Virginia beach through the WV moutains was 35MPG, not far from the EPA estimate. The car handles extremely well, and I never felt insecure even in torrential downpours. I could never ask for better brakes. Nothing feels cheap, the interior parts and pieces fit perfectly, and best of all there is absolutely no rattles. The only issue I have with this car, is that the stereo was far under par. But this issue was fixed with a new headunit. Even with the upgraded stock unit, it sounded horrible at any volume over 20.

First Subaru
By yorksubaru on 04/26/12 14:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is my very first Subaru, and I was a bit hesitant since all I've owned were Hondas and toyotas. But I have to say, I'm impressed with my purchase thus far. This car feels very safe and is a great value for an awd. Fuel efficiency is good, getting on average 29 mpg mostly highway. Not anywhere near the EPA ratings at the dealer, but i anticipate it to improve as its broken in more as I just have 3000 miles (5000 km). Seats are nice and supportive, better than our previous civic which constantly gave me back pains. Styling at the front is kinda boring looking, but the rear looks real sporty. As for acceleration, I won't be in any street races, that's for sure.

Consumer Reports Nailed It
By cherryfan on 04/11/12 14:48 PM (PDT)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Have owned this car for two months now, just over 2,000 miles on it. Has the winter/alloy wheel/moonroof package. Test-drove the Impreza v. Ford Focus and Fiesta and Hyundai Elantra, and Impreza was favorite by far. Handles well overall, was most solid and reassuring, smoothest transmission (CVT v. others' automatics is no contest), roomy comfortable interior. Edmunds doesn't like the styling, but I l do, and prefer it to the Focus (which I also own). Engine is plenty powerful and mpg is fine; on 270-mile trip from Denver to Avon, CO, over two mountain passes of at least 10,600 feet and at 70 mph most of the way, averaged 34.5 mpg. Seats are comfortable, visibility is top of class.

buyer's remorse
By aross3 on 02/06/12 15:08 PM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have major buyers remorse from this purchase. My husband convinced me that this was my dream car and it surely is NOT!!! The seats in this car are so uncomfortable, I have constant lower backpain from driving this vehicle. I would not recommend this car to a friend or even an enemy. There is no lumbar support even offered in the Impreza. This would probably be a better suited car for a high school kid that has absolutely no back issues is in perfect shape and does not care about comfort in a vehicle.

Great Car
By fearlessone on 12/30/11 09:01 AM (PST)

2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I travel a lot for work and I try pretty much every model in this segment. I was given the chance to drive the older model of the Impreza and I like the car capability but not the interior. At 6'2'' the new version is way better then the old one. It more refine and controls are well position. I was looking for a fun car to drive that I could rely on for the winter (+ top safety pick). I did a test drive in a middle of a winter storm and it was impressive. The car visibility is great and the car stick to the road like glue even under very strong winds. Great car recommend it to everyone.