2008 Nissan Frontier 4.0L V6 6-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Fantastic truck

2008 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

SE Crew Cab Pickup (4.0L V6 6-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

Fantastic truck
By osiris32080 on

2008 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was all about getting a Toyota Tacoma, drove several and liked the raised suspension, but the ride itself wasn't that strong. After I tested a Frontier, I was sold. Off-the-line pickup in this V6 reminds you of a V8. Have yet to tow anything, but have used the bed for hauling heavy furniture and haven't noticed a change in the way it drives. There seems to be a strong dislike of the interior, but in my opinion, its a truck, and I'm not expecting anything fancy. Very fun to drive, and even though I live in a big city, its not too hard to get around. Like previous reviews, the turning radius leaves much to be desired, but overall, I love this truck.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks rugged and is well designed. Best looking small/mid-sized truck. Power generated from the best V6 in its class is second-to-none. Drive a Tacoma, then drive a Frontier, and you will definitely notice the difference in power. Interior is spacious, and have put my parents in the back seats without any complaints from them! The chromed bumpers look great. Tires and rims on the SE V6 model are a good size and look good. My girlfriend drives a BMW, which I love, and I still look forward to driving my Frontier.

Suggested Improvements

Would be nice if air/heat controls offered more options, and were available for rear passengers. Would love if fog lamps came standard, at least in all V6 models - I am going to have them installed. With the lack of fog lamps, the plastic covers in their place look a little cheesy.