Good but not great!
By txmazda on
2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
We waited till we had some miles on our new car in order to give a more accurate review as almost every car seems great when brand new and no miles. After 11,500 miles we still enjoy the car but have had 3 issues with the A/C. I'm a bit concerned because each time the dealer has stated the issue has been fixed but then it breaks again. The service at the dealer (Roger Beasley Mazda) has been exceptional and if not for the A/C issues, we would be ecstatic with the car. I'm a Honda/Toyota guy historically (owned 6 hondas, 3 toyotas) but decided to venture out after reading all the quality issues with the new Hondas/Toyotas. The interior quality isn't as high as Hondas/Toyotas but is decent.
Favorite Features
Never having to take the key out of my pocket! Keyless unlock/lock/start/stop/trunk on a car at this price is awesome. We got the V6 and it has plenty of "zoom-zoom"! Decent gas mileage (23 MPG combined city/hwy) for all the zoom-zoom in my opinion (I'm not light on the accelerator either).
Suggested Improvements
Higher quality interior components/plastics and more comfortable seats (we solved the seat issue by buying a $20 seat pad). Upgrade A/C system as A/C still doesn't cool like other cars in this price range or even some much less expensive.