2009 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Awsome Mazda6
By Matt on 06/24/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have now owned the Mazda6 for almost a year now and I have 11,200 miles on it. I still love to drive the Mazda6 to work every day. My Mazda6 is averaging 22 city/29 highway in gas mileage. I am very pleased with the gas mileage for all the power. I have not had any problems with the car. It has performed very well. The Mazda has a lot of quality that I enjoy. The 5 star crash test rating gives me a peace of mind. The blind spot monitor system is awesome. Love the rain sensing windshield wipers. What can I say; I love everything the Mazda6 offers.

Best Value in Class
By Fun to Drive on 06/22/10 19:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the Mazda6 for almost a year now. I have over 11,000 miles and have not had any problems with the Mazda6. The acceleration is amazing. I have clocked my Mazda6 from 0-60 in 6.0 Seconds. I have raced an Acura TL, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima and beat them all. You must buy the 3.7 liter though, because it's more fun to drive. I test drove both engines and the 2.5 liter is not as fun. The gas mileage is great for a V6 at 272 horse power and 269 pound feet of torque. I am getting 22 city/29 highway. The Mazda6 still drives as good as the day I bought it. I love the quality of the Mazda6. I would recommend the Mazda6 to anyone.

"New" remains after full year of use!
By cec32372 on 06/18/10 14:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

After an amazingly fast 1st year of ownership, this car still looks, feels & drives as new as the day I drove it home! Ride is so smooth yet sporty & nimble. Not one mech issue or interior rattle. So silent at idle u 4get its on! 4cyl leaves most cars behind at lights. Great in snow. Contrary to comments about paint scratching easy, brilliant silver paint still sparkles in direct sun with nary a scratch after very rough winter w/ lots of snow/ice sliding off the body. Still stare when I leave it b/c it looks so beautiful! VERY SOLID CAR: Was rear-ended HARD by SUV. No one hurt & bumper has barely visible damage save 4 slight indentation & very minor scratches. Still lovin' my 6!

zoom zoom
By wisconsinzoomzoom on 06/05/10 20:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I love this car! I am in my car at least 10 hours a week and I often have a car full of people. It's fun, and safe, to drive. Backseat riders have tons of space. We bought this car new almost two years ago and still love it. The sound system is great (we have the Bose system) and we love the over look of the car. And it handles great in snowy, crummy weather.

LOVE this car!
By Laura G on 05/06/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a silver 2009 I-touring plus to replace my 2002 Mazda Protege. The car is wonderful - well-built, smooth riding, and good looking inside and out. The blue backlighting on the gauges is SO COOL! I've received many compliments on the car. The dealership I bought from has a 14-acre test track on site, so I was able to put the car through its paces. I was thrilled with how the vehicle responded. The 6 is larger than the Protege, but still very agile and responsive. The car combines luxury and sportiness at an affordable price.

Wowwy Wowzer
By Wowwy Wowwy on 04/29/10 19:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

If you have never taking this car for a spin around the block, man are you missing out! We test drove one on the freeway and before i knew it i was over 100mph!!! Superior acceleration and handling over others and the proximity keys, memory seat, sunroof and Bose make a great combo. HUGE truck even with the seats up. Jet black leather with heated seats. Hands-free bluetooth is AWESOME!

Goodbye Mazda
By nms68 on 04/23/10 07:26 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I leased a Tribute for 4yrs and loved it, I was thrilled to get into the next lease, but 6 was the car to push at that time. I wanted a Tribute, but dealership no longer carried and convinced me this car was great. One month after driving off the lot, I began having battery problems. Something was draining it but no one knew what. They said it was my 3rd party installed REMOTE STARTER (had that disconnected), THEN they said it was a ROOM FUSE(?). Now I am being told it is a CONTROL MODULE. Brake light comes on on its own. This car has been at dealership over two months total with no resolution. When this lease is up, Mazda will never see me again

Great Decision
By Aeroman on 04/16/10 09:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 6 for 9 months (~9000 miles). Love the exterior and the performance. I am a little disappointed in the fuel economy. I guess I miss my turbo Saab mileage. I have to have the brake rotors replaced as they are already warped even though I am VERY easy on my brakes. The car also seems to have a "niggly" vibration as the engine revs pass through 2500 RPM. Overall the car is a great value, handles well, loads of power, love the engine growl. My original choice was going to be either a BMW 3 series or an Infinity G35 sedan. The Mazda 6 convinced me I didn't need to spend the extra cash to get what I wanted. Great job Mazda.

Love it!
By Annie on 04/08/10 13:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Fun to drive. Great fuel mileage. Lots of pickup for a four cylinder. Great body style. Mazda is a great car to own. Doesn't get the respect it deserves!

Didn't know practicality could be so fun
By Stephen on 04/02/10 16:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Found a Black '09 i Touring (Plus) - Bose sound system with Satellite radio, sunroof, bluetooth, advanced keyless entry, Xenon headlamps, Leather w/cloth insert seating, 6 speed manual, cruise control. I've only had the car for less than a month, but am totally loving it! I've put 1800 miles on it already and don't want to stop driving - it's just too much fun. 6 speed manual is a very nice transmission, and although it's only got 170hp it can really move when you need it to. Fit and finish is very nice, and the doors even sound nice and solid when you close them. MPG is very respectable. Suspension is firm but comfortable. Loads of trunk space. Mazda has done a fine job with the 6!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$130 per month*