Used 2009 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 194 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

This car saved my life
By chahn89

2009 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used, 2009 mazda 6, i bought it 2010 with 38,000 miles, throughout the time it needed simple changtes like breaks n tires n oil but nothin g to big, in 2011 i was hit from the front and both sides and iw as able to walk away from it alive, when everyone including police and paramedics said they had no idea how that happened. GREAT CAR! go mazdaaaaaa :)

Still Perfect
By danalube

2009 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new and have racked up about 60,000 miles.
Most of those miles were in Florida.
The A/C kept my dark car and dark interior very cool.
I do have window tint, which helps.
In Summer 2011, I drove it from Tampa to Seattle.
The cross country drive was very comfortable and problem free.
The stereo with Sirius/XM has decent sound and the nav system got me to my new home with no problems either.
All I've done to it so far is oil changes and tire rotations.
New tires are going on this year.
The only thing that I would improve on this car is the handling and better brakes. Previous car was an RX-8. I got spoiled with the brakes and handling on it.

Interior comfort/convenience. Looks like RX-8 in front. Great pickup for a sedan.

Handling Brakes that will handle the power in this car

Great choice
By montrealer2095

2009 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Mazda 6 and have been very happy with both. The 4 cyl engine is a bit wheezy, but I commute a long way each day and was a worthwhile tradeoff vs. the V6 to get the extra mileage, which is good but not great.
My quibbles are a phantom squeak and the a/c isn't strong enough for those of us who live in the South.
I was rear ended by a Camry a few weeks ago and the 6 lived up to its excellent crash ratings. Car was in decent shape and the Camry was a writeoff.
No doubt this is the best value in its class.

Steering is crisp, no major dead spots. Braking and handling are both outstanding

gas mileage mediocre and a/c a bit lifeless.

Love fades
By mazda convert

2009 Mazda 6 s Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it new but seem to be owning it used. Rattles and squeaks abound. Does drive and handle well. Great pickup great brakes. Transmission down shift feels odd at lower speeds, almost like it stuck in neutral. Wind noise in cabin too loud at freeway speeds. Sound system is average or below par. I find the driving position/seat comfortable. Enjoy spirited driving. the interior and reliability does not live up to the exterior and performance.

exterior styling, driving fun, blind spot monitoring, seats.

more attention to quality. better mpg

Tons better than my 2008 Honda Accord
By MNA2002

2009 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I bought an '08 Accord in March 2008. It was plagued with fault brakes and other electrical problems. So, buh-bye Accord. I know Mazda owners and test drove the '09 6. I had parked by Accord next to a 6 at the dealer's. The 6 made the Accord look like a dowdy Buick. The 6 has had zero problems. The interior is 10 times better than the Accord. The power seat is fantastic for my long legs. On the highway I get 30 mpg -- the Accord got 33, so it's a little less. I like a reliable car, and I do believe that I have found it. I've read some unfortunate things about the current Accords. The 6 might not hold its resale value as much as the Accord, but I won't have the car repairs that Accord needs.

The sporty sexy styling, the interior, the fit and finish, the ease of using the features such as the clock. The clock has 2 buttons 1 for hour 1 for minutes. Changing the clock is so easy to do without having to be a programmer and to execute some convoluted 12 step process

There is no warning from the car if I have turned it off and am getting out of it. I had not realized that I had grown so dependent on hearing a reminder bell.