Used 2009 Mazda 6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Whau
By Dublin

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

They may call it the poor mans Lexus, but this car has it all at a significantly lower price tag. Plenty of cargo space, BSM, Bluetooth, 6CD player, and Zoom Zoom!

BSM, color (Red), styling, handling, keyless entry

Air conditioning in the back

Update on December Review
By clif02

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

We've had our Mazda6 since December now and have close to 9000 miles on it. I wrote in my initial review we loved the car and hoped it would be as reliable as all of our other Mazda's have been. Switched oil to Mobil 1 synthetic at the first change. We average 22.4 around town and 28.3 on the road. The car is as good as our 04 as it is rock solid, totally reliable but it is more comfortable than our 04 Mazda6. It is a great car and we love it. The V-6 has more than enough power and I find the fuel economy pretty fair. All in all we are very pleased with the car and look forward to driving it for years to come.

The blind spot monitoring, hands free phone and Bose stereo...actually..the whole car!

We are satisfied with it just the way it is. It has enough of everything without being too excessive or over done.

Best Mid-Sized Sedan
By Andrew

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I got the Mazda 6 iTouring with convenience package. I looked at the Accord, Camry, Altima, Fusion, and Jetta - Mazda 6 is at the top of its class. The only other car I was considering was the Accord, but I found the Mazda to have better overall value for the money, and the exterior/interior styling is a bit better. The speed, ride, and handling of this car is excellent. I find myself taking fast turns for no reason because it's simply just fun to do. The quietness of the car is very good - my dad, who has drives Mercedes, was even impressed with the quietness. If you're looking at the Touring model, I would highly suggest the convenience package - excellent value for the money.

Convenience package with blind spot monitoring, bluetooth phone/audio, rain-sensing wipers, and auto headlights. Interior quietness is great. Ride/Handling is excellent. Advanced keyless entry system + opening windows with key fob is awesome. Gas mileage around 26-27 with mixed city/highway.

Location of the info button for the trip computer seems a little off to me. Blackberry 8330 isn't completely compatible with the bluetooth audio, but I can still at least skip tracks with the steering wheel control. Needs better iPod integration without having to pay an additional $250 for add-on.

Excellent!! Top of the lot
By reddy

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

This car wins the competition amongst camry, accord, etc. The new 2009 mazda doesn't lose out on what you'd expect from a traditional sedan (lots of space, loads of features...blows away the competition, fuel mileage, etc). Add to this the fun factor of driving this car, it blows all other cars in this segment out the water. It's the best buy for the money in this segment. I'm really enjoying driving my car.

- rain sensing winpers - blind spot monitoring - advanced keyless entry - bluetooth - xenon headlights - bose audio system - loads of trunk space (with 60/40 seat split) - top quality interior materials - extremely quiet inside the cabin - of course, handling is impeccable

May be better mileage on the v6, but it's comparable to the mpg that all the other v6s offer. The mpg of the 4-cyclinder is great already.

I love my Mazda 6 (Zoom Zoom)
By omie m6 rocks

2009 Mazda 6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

we finally made a choice between the mazda 6 and the ultima. love the maual mode and all the goodies that come with the mazda 6.

keyless entry, push button start, bose, blind spot, interior lights, moon roof, spacious cabin, and neon lights

wider tires, better gas millage