2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Love it
By DAVE M on 09/12/08 08:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I compared this car to every manufacturers competitive model. The 6 won hands down. I've always driven fords and have been happy with performance but not with styling. This 6 has been not only a pleasure to drive but I've yet to be out and about without a compliment on the new look. Keep up the good work Mazda. I can't wait for the next upgrade!

Mazda Does It Big Time!
By Barry626 on 09/09/08 00:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned 17 new cars in 35 years of driving. This is truly my top 2 car besides my BMW. Car rides flawless & quality is just terrific! I bought my car loaded with sound & navigation packages. Everything works just perfect as it should! I traded my 08 Nissan Coupe & have zip regrets! Anyone that has a bad thing to say is down right jealous or can't afford it!

Zoom Zoom with Room!!
By Glenn F on 09/01/08 15:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I was a previous Mazda owner years ago, currently a BMW owner. I had been reading about the totally redesigned 2009 Mazda 6 coming out for months now, so when my wife was looking to replace her 2002 BMW 530, I said lets take a quick look at the 2009 Mazda 6 first. Well she loved it and we bought it. With the new "6", Mazda continues to move closer to having the most exciting lineup of any manufacturer today. Exterior looks very Lexus like ( especially from the back). The interior room has been increased dramatically and the truck is huge. With the bigger engine, it has plenty of power. Bose sound system rocks. At around 30K, there is no better value for the money. Initial enjoyment is off the charts.

Big Improvement over last years model
By lpmiller on 09/01/08 10:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

My wife has an 08 Mazda6, which we love, but when I saw the 09 I had to have it. It is roomier without looking like a large car, the 4 cyl has a little bit more kick to it and is good enough for most people. I have the advanced keyless, which rocks, and other than the 'new engine' smell I've had with every Mazda ever (which goes away in about 100 miles) this car appears very solidly built and corners just like the 08. Stereo is better too, and the control layout is easier to deal with. The dash is gorgeous at night. It's too early to tell MPG yet, but all things considered this is a fun car to drive with lots of the nice things that make long trips enjoyable.

Very Happy with our 6
By Shawn C on 08/30/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

We looked at a lot of family fuel savers. Coming out of a 2004 Trailblazer ext. getting 12 mpg, fuel was the number one issue. Second, needed room for 3 kids plus luggage."Jackpot" All around value, interior space,16.6 trunk. If your looking for a sport sedan the 2009 Mazda6 is hands down the best in its class. Don't know about fuel just yet, but I'm sure it will double my old Chevy, or was it a V6 Hummer:) Thanks Mazda

Really enjoying - except....
By mazada609 on 08/30/08 04:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Drove all the "Camcordias" - new 6 as comfortable as they are -you don't see it "coming and going" - to me that's one of the best features. I got the 4 cyl - my first 4 banger - engine in smooth - but I miss the power and pickup of a 6 cyl. Gas mileage is about 25mpg around town - have 800 miles on the car (10 days driving). Automatic 5 speed is good on upshifts - downshifts are rough when coming around a turn and stepping on gas - it waits too long to shift and kind of bangs into lower gear. The "tiptronic" is lots of fun and works really well (though I find the "pushing forward" for downshift and pulling back for upshift to be backwards) Next time - 6 cyl with manual trans!

Thrills of the new 6
By raya on 08/29/08 23:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I made a reservation and was about the buy a civic EX-L a couple of months ago but I decided to wait for the new 6. I haven't even considered camcordtima because I find them boring. It's worth the wait as I am always thrilled driving the new 6 everyday. The looks is sporty and gorgeous - the best in its class. Inside has a premium feel - luxurious and comfortable. Albeit the bigger size, the 6 did not lose the great handling that it was known for. I am averaging 23.5 - 24 MPG highway and city driving combined. I think a decent MPG rate on its size. Still have to put some more miles and years to test the reliability. For now, I will continue always looking forward driving my sexy six.

Couldn't be happier
By webmiller on 08/24/08 06:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I put off buying a new mid-size sedan for a couple of months as I knew the '09 Mazda6 was coming in August. The wait was 100% worth it. It's the best looking car in its class without question. The interior is easily a full class ahead of the Camry, Accord, Altima, or Malibu. As with most Mazdas, the handling is excellent making it a pure joy to drive. I can't imagine anyone test driving all the mid-size sedans out there and not picking the 6. The features/fit/finish etc are closer to a Lexus ES350 than a Camry. This car is going to own the magazine mid-size comparison tests for at least 2-3 years.

Mazda got it right
By Mikhail G on 08/18/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I am a previous lease owner of the Mazda 6 2005 for 42 month. Enjoyed that car except 4 cyl was not enough for summer driving because of AC system takes power from engine. Mazda got it right this time. Driving new 09 model for a week now, already see a lot of improvements. Torque is much better even with AC on. Transmission is much smoother when shifting. Interior design improved dramatically. More roomy. Dash board has few new fitures but again I have basic package cant help you there. I do have auxiliary input that allows me to connect my iPod, very cool. Sound system is awesome, 8 speakers and subwoofer standard. Trunk is very big, could fit my golf bag in the old model, this one is fine.

Not bad but still short of Camry quality
By Rob on 08/14/08 17:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

The all new 6 is a very attractive car and for the price its loaded with features compared to Accord and Camry. It sporty than even the Altima with a smoother nicer ride than that car but not as smooth as Camry. Two issues I had. One after test driving there was a strong burning plastic smell. Not the typical "break in" smell you have with new cars.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*