2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Bought the car new.
By 09mazda6gts on 07/04/14 05:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love the car and have no regrets buying it. There have been a few issues with the car. The battery went bad at two years. The rain sensing wipers are irritating. They will go into high speed in light rain. I bought nav but never use it, (I have Google Maps on my smart phone, much easier to use). I got locked in the car when my wife got out with the key and the doors locked when she walked away. I had to lay on the horn to get her to come back and let me out. The dealer had never heard of that. This wasn't a one time deal, it happens every time in the same situation. 63K on it now, replaced the tires and brakes. The power is great and the tranny is super smooth. Would buy again.

Zoom Zoom is everywhere
By adick75 on 08/11/13 14:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great car for value on the market. Good millage as a cars with over 270 PS under hood average 21 miles per gallon. Bed side is only limited speed to 132 mph. In Germany hgwy no doubt. You can get easy over 155 mph and the worst is that this car can do it more than that. Nice acceleration 0-60 under 6.5 s. Beast!!! Only speed limit and breaks poor quality (pads changed after 14K miles and rotors after 22K) are under average. Also hand set free system is screwed only for US and Canada with dailling European nr you can do it on phone book.

Still Perfect
By danalube on 11/15/11 06:40 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new and have racked up about 60,000 miles. Most of those miles were in Florida. The A/C kept my dark car and dark interior very cool. I do have window tint, which helps. In Summer 2011, I drove it from Tampa to Seattle. The cross country drive was very comfortable and problem free. The stereo with Sirius/XM has decent sound and the nav system got me to my new home with no problems either. All I've done to it so far is oil changes and tire rotations. New tires are going on this year. The only thing that I would improve on this car is the handling and better brakes. Previous car was an RX-8. I got spoiled with the brakes and handling on it.

2009S Grand Touring
By Shadetree on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove a four cylinder with four adults on board. Went straight to the V6. Love the power and this car has power. Took a trip with four adults and luggage, drove generally 10 over the speed limit. Was surprised to get 27.7 mpg. Another trip with just myself and setting the cruise on the speed limit, I got just over 30 mpg. Mileage is not as bad as advertised. Have 21000 on the car now and have had zero problems, same as the 04 Mazda 6 we had. Love driving this car when I can get it away from my wife. Powerful, smooth running and shifting, handles, and 100% reliable, the ride is a bit firm along with the leather seats, can be taxing on a long trip. Couldn't be happier that I own this car.

Zoom Zoom Mazda 6
By jb26wcu on 08/25/10 08:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I got a Black Mazda 6 3.7l V6 Gran Touring with Black Leather. I really believe the car is the best in its class. It has more styling than the accord, camry, malibu or altima. It is the fastest in its class too. If everyone in the market for an altima or accord test drove the mazda I believe it would out sell both. My sister has the v4 altima and the only thing that is better about her car then mine is I think the leather is of better quality in the altima. Other than that Mazda wins on every level!

Awsome Mazda6
By Matt on 06/24/10 17:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have now owned the Mazda6 for almost a year now and I have 11,200 miles on it. I still love to drive the Mazda6 to work every day. My Mazda6 is averaging 22 city/29 highway in gas mileage. I am very pleased with the gas mileage for all the power. I have not had any problems with the car. It has performed very well. The Mazda has a lot of quality that I enjoy. The 5 star crash test rating gives me a peace of mind. The blind spot monitor system is awesome. Love the rain sensing windshield wipers. What can I say; I love everything the Mazda6 offers.

Best Value in Class
By Fun to Drive on 06/22/10 19:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the Mazda6 for almost a year now. I have over 11,000 miles and have not had any problems with the Mazda6. The acceleration is amazing. I have clocked my Mazda6 from 0-60 in 6.0 Seconds. I have raced an Acura TL, Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima and beat them all. You must buy the 3.7 liter though, because it's more fun to drive. I test drove both engines and the 2.5 liter is not as fun. The gas mileage is great for a V6 at 272 horse power and 269 pound feet of torque. I am getting 22 city/29 highway. The Mazda6 still drives as good as the day I bought it. I love the quality of the Mazda6. I would recommend the Mazda6 to anyone.

Wowwy Wowzer
By Wowwy Wowwy on 04/29/10 19:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

If you have never taking this car for a spin around the block, man are you missing out! We test drove one on the freeway and before i knew it i was over 100mph!!! Superior acceleration and handling over others and the proximity keys, memory seat, sunroof and Bose make a great combo. HUGE truck even with the seats up. Jet black leather with heated seats. Hands-free bluetooth is AWESOME!

Great Decision
By Aeroman on 04/16/10 09:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 6 for 9 months (~9000 miles). Love the exterior and the performance. I am a little disappointed in the fuel economy. I guess I miss my turbo Saab mileage. I have to have the brake rotors replaced as they are already warped even though I am VERY easy on my brakes. The car also seems to have a "niggly" vibration as the engine revs pass through 2500 RPM. Overall the car is a great value, handles well, loads of power, love the engine growl. My original choice was going to be either a BMW 3 series or an Infinity G35 sedan. The Mazda 6 convinced me I didn't need to spend the extra cash to get what I wanted. Great job Mazda.

Black Beauty
By tonyryder on 01/23/10 11:11 AM (PST)

2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Owned 2 previous Mazdas before. We had a 2002 Protege 5 and a 2005 Mazda3 GT Sport(much better overall than the Protege). Trade in value is excellent, even for a 3 year old M3 with 80,000 km on it we received more than I was expecting. We looked at other mid-size sedans (Mercedes C-class, Lexus IS, Nissan Altima, Honda Accord etc) and I believe that Mazda is offering the best "bang for the buck". We have now driven the 2009 Mazda6 since April 2009 and we love the styling and the real sporty, solid feel and handling. Features like blind spot monitoring, keyless entry, heated/memory seats (Canada eh?), large trunk, roomy backseat and Bose sound all add to the overall value of this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mazda Mazda6 Sedan in VA is:

$133 per month*