A Neat Little Rig
By smitty82 on
2014 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
Your review mentions sluggish acceleration and cramped back seat. I found the opposite. I bought the Sport 4X2 with 2.4 engine and 6-speed automatic (your review had the CVT and had not tested the 6-speed). I tried the CVT and waited for the 6-speed; I'm glad I did. I drove the 2.0 engine and it was too weak, but the 2.4 is fine. And the 6-speed is a big improvement over the CVT. It has plenty of room- front and back- for a small vehicle. I compared the Escape, RAV4, Subaru, Mitsubishi, and others, including the Dart, Focus, and Avenger.
Favorite Features
I like the size- small on the outside, big inside. Plenty of room for grandkids, dogs, yard supplies, etc. It will tow my boat, run the back roads, get 30 mpg on the highway (24 in town) and cruise cross-country in comfort. I've put 5000 miles on it in two months and my wife loves it. The price was right- less than $ 22,000. And it is American- made; engine made in Michigan, final assembly in Illinois. Plus a 100,000 power train warranty.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I would like to see is removable headrests on the back seat- they block rearward visibility, so we often keep the seats folded down. And even the base Model Compass should have a compass- it doesn't!