2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
The first 100 miles
By Howard on 09/05/10 12:54 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just pass the 100 miles! This car came straightly from Japan and had only single digits on it. Overall it is a good car and handling is very good. Yes, it does have the wind noise as others commented. Engine noise varied - The one I bought is much better than another CR-V I test drove at dealer (Made in diff plant). So I guess there exists some diff among plants. By the way, I installed the remote starter, which is a little bit and heavy in the pocket - a small surprise.

Not So Sure
By Peacegirl on 09/04/10 05:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this vehicle for 5 months now and I can't seem to bond with it. This is my third CR-V. Had an 02 and an 06. Traded the 06 for the 10 and have regretted that. Acceleration is very sluggish; blind spots backing up and changing lanes- just can't see out of this vehicle. Liked the rear door that opened to the side on the previous models. If this vehicle is wet (rain or dew) and I open the rear door I get a shower. If it's raining I have to keep the wiper going to clear the rear glass, not so with my '02 and '06. If you drop something between the seat and console, you won't see it again. Thought of trading this for a Subie, but they don't rate much better.

My first suv
By grandmaelk on 09/02/10 19:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I loved my Saturn and they went away. I needed a new car, small and up off the ground. All research led to Honda CR-V. I have only had it a few days but love it. My Husband has a Yukon and I am just as comfortable in the CR-V. Visibility is much better than I expected. I like the interior layout. Not too overdone. I have leather interior which helps avoid the cheap look of the fabric interior. I love that the Ipod hook up accepts flash drives. I do not have the Ipod brand (boycotting) and the drive allows me to listen to all my music and not worry about my MP3, But Honda needs to look at Hyundai, they are a close second.

Slug
By NLS on 09/02/10 18:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm averaging 24-25 mpg local and 29- 30 mpg highway but the trade off is the sluggishness when trying to merge. It is worse yet when you have to come almost to a stop when a car in front of you is making a turn and then the CR-V really can't get out of its own way. It's scary when cars approaching you from behind think you are going to be able to pick up speed but your accelerator does nothing, even had one pull to the shoulder to avoid me.

It grows on you
By MikeCVS18 on 08/26/10 18:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 800 miles I am getting the feel of the 180 hp 2.4 L engine and finding it easier to access highways. Very responsive when passing . I am a average 55-65 mph driver. Driver seat broken in and comfortable, but still firm. Interior layout very good. The more I drive the CR-V the more I like it, also the layout on the dashboard nice placement, clear view.

Very Disappointed
By RR on 08/24/10 10:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Took this on lease just this month- maybe I still need to figure out features and vehicle still in breaking in period, but overall very disappointed with it. Noisy engine/ ac compressor, very poor pickup, difficult accelerating into a highway, fuel consumption around 17 mpg, stiff suspension transmits bumps straight through to passengers. Cheap interior design- driver seat arm rest needs getting used to, Bluetooth device linked to nav system does not display incoming call number, nav system configured to show roads as us# rather than road names. Wouldn't recommend- test drive RAV4 (comes with either bluetooth/nav but not both), or Subaru Forester (might have to wait-not readily available)

Poor Acceleration
By honda owner on 08/24/10 10:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned the car for 4 months now. My main complaint is the sluggish acceleration. When I start moving, I can push the acceleration pedal to the floor and its acceleration is pathetic! I am not sure whether it has to do with the engine size or other problem, but even the service at the dealer was surprised how little acceleration this car has. yet, he could not find anything mechanically wrong with it. I would definitely not have bought it, if I knew about this problem. And it's a safety problem too - when you need to clear an intersection fast upon traffic light change, the car just slowly rolls through the intersection. Very disappointing!

Great lil' SUV
By bubbadawg on 08/22/10 17:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our fourth Honda, but first CR-V. We were looking for a smaller SUV that got decent mpg, and the CR-V won out. We looked at the RAV-4 (too small for me), Sante Fe (too small for me). Seriously considered the new Jeep Cherokee, but was once told to never fly or drive the "A" model of anything. Plus, there is no comparison in MPG between the Jeep and CR-V. We would like to have a little more room in the cargo area, but we make it work. Averaging over 26 mpg on the highway doing 75 over rolling hills. Not a V-8, but decent pick up for a 4 banger (180 hp). Definitely have to plan ahead to pass on a two- lane road though! My wife loves her new UAV (Urban Attack Vehicle).

still early
By Mike D on 08/22/10 02:48 AM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my new CRV-EXL. I left Honda 10 years ago for Lexus and then UGH! Cadillac. It's very early in the game but how could you not love this car? Awesome value, all the equipment I want, (except homelink, 4 auto mirrors and memory seats). Typical Honda, complete all around car. Excellent acceleration, nice handling, perfect combination of firm but not hard and soft but not mushy. Classic Honda fit and finish. Wonderful nav/audio combination. IPod integration is awesome. I could do without the voice command option, too much of a hassle. This car is just the right size. Big enough to fit passengers and cargo and small enough to be economical.

Well Rounded Vehicle
By Hondadriver on 08/17/10 18:41 PM (PDT)

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the CRV for a month. I downsized from a Ridgeline (great vehicle). I do more city driving but still needed a little utility. This is my first 4 cylinder. Therefore, I was quite concerned about the power. But, I had the use of a 2008 CRV for a week and had no problems with merging, passing etc. I just need to allow more time. There was no noticeable difference between 166 hp and 180 hp. The vehicle is comfortable and roomy. I am 6-02. It is a well rounded vehicle that does not overly excel or fall short.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$109 per month*