Used 2010 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Nice to Drive
By North Coast Shopper

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First brand new car I've purchased in 30 yrs. Replaced a 2000 Maxima and, yes, I miss the pickup and comfort that the Maxima had BUT the Maxima rode so low that my vision was constantly blocked by SUV's and trucks and it drove me crazy. The CR-V is comfortable, the interior is roomy and I can see in front of me. I am happy with the trade off of safety for speed. Besides, while the car doesn't accelerate as quickly I find I don't mind it at all. Mileage was low to begin with but since I hit the 2000 mile mark (it only had 4 miles on it when I got it) I am getting about 21 in town and 28 on the highway - better than my Maxima and I don't need premium gasoline!

Heated seats, backup camera and navigation system, power front seat and sun glass holder. Love the space between the center console and dash - perfect for my purse. Uses regular gas - big $$ savings for me.

Passenger power seat. Memory power seat would be nice. Better cruise control, this one doesn't hold well on very slight hills and allows the car to speed up. Ability to unlock back without unlocking all the other doors.

Peeling grill paint & needs more power
By Tim H.

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This could be a fantastic vehicle with a few changes. 1. Needs more power 2. Fix this inherent problem with the peeling paint in the grill. I noticed it a day after I got it home. Seriously folks. Who in the hell wants to pay twenty five grand for a brand new car with peeling paint ? 3. Front seats have ridges on the sides of the bottoms making it difficult to get in and out of. Don't know what they were thinking there! Aside from those items, a great car.

More power, Fix the paint issue and get the stupid ridges off the front seats.

Mistake
By Dave

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this for my wife with all of the options... This was our 4th CR-V and nothing but issues. Picked up from dealership took on road trip. Around 400 miles rack and pinion broke, hit rain storm no wipers, can't get more than 21 mpg on hwy, pieces coming off of dash, I have had it in the dealer for 5 weeks and they can't figure how to fix it. Keep getting run around. Will not buy another Honda and is a real shame as I have had about 10 over the past 20 years. I had also contacted Honda Corporate and they never returned a call or sent a note. They always want a good survey guess they can't take the bad and stick behind product.

Cargo and passenger space.

Rebuild from ground up and provide what a true Honda use to represent and make sure you dealerships quit making excuses for why it doesn't work. Also, be honest about fuel economy as this product doesn't live up to that or pick up as engine lags and is very unsafe when you need to take off.

My second Honda!
By 3 months ago

2010 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I like everything about this vehicle except the lack of power. It has enough power to get you to point A,B,C,and all the way to z and back. I just think it can have a V6 engine. The door speakers could be larger to make that subwoofer sound like a BOSE system.

The captain seats, sun roof, cargo shelf, rear sliding/reclining seats, subwoofer, basically everything.

It needs a more powerful engine. V6!!

An above avg small SUV
By urpapa

2010 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Folks, this is just a small SUV, so don't expect too much on power and torque. And since it's "SUV", so don't expect its MPG better than your CIVIC either. Overall, a well built car with better than average power and MPG. I have no problem merging on freeways, cruising on streets. Comb MPG is always around 26. Worst MPG ever got was around 20 (mainly driven on streets). Handling is Honda typical, meaning good. You can drive it like a sedan except when you cornering. After all it's SUV. Nice thing to note is you can change oil once a YEAR. But to be kind to your car, and FGS, change the oil every 6 months.

standard MP3/WMA CD player; painted steel wheels; spare tire inside the car; streamline look; Tire Pressure Monitor.

better paint (newer cars tend to have very thin paint); better seats.