2009 GMC Acadia Consumer Review: 2009 GMC Acadia FIRE

2009 GMC Acadia - Consumer Review

SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

2009 GMC Acadia FIRE
By njustman on

2009 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

One month ago I took my 2009 GMC Acadia to the dealer because I noticed a smell and steam coming from it. They did some minor repairs and wanted me to bring it back in a few days for more work as they spotted a small oil leak but couldn't figure out where it was coming from. The next day after driving the vehicle 20 miles when I put it into park there was smoke coming through the vents. It quickly went from what appeared to be overheating, although no warning lights ever came on, to a full fire! I was able to get my children and sister out of the vehicle. I called 911 and fire responders put the fire out. Thankfully no one was injured.

Working with GMC has been a nightmare. All we have wanted was consideration on a new vehicle. We were actually considering buying a new Acadia because we liked the vehicle. What a mess. I do not believe GMC care about their customer at all.