It's a keeper
By Paul K. on
2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)
I was attracted to this car by it's sharp looks and great performance, and after four years, I still love it. It may not be the fastest car on the road, but it's the biggest bang for the buck, and will surely blow off most of the boy racers. The horsepower and torque figures are claimed to be 305 and 320 respectively, but the dyno has shown substantially higher numbers. This is my fourth Mustang, the last one being a 98 Cobra, very similar to this, but I like the Mach better. Gas mileage is really very good for a performance car at 23 - 28 mpg. If you can find a clean example at a decent price, go for it. I'll be keeping mine for a long while. It's sure to be a collector.
Favorite Features
I like the screaming yellow paint and how it is contrasted by the black accent stripes and parts. The shaker hood scope is way cool and so is the aluminum ball shifter knob. The instrument panel is great too. And of course, let's not forget the power and handling. It's all good.
Suggested Improvements
The front seat comfort could use a little improvement, don't know about the back seat, never been there. There aren't too many negative things to say about this baby. They got it pretty well right.