Used 2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2004 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Orange04GTConv
By EstebanSr

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I was the owner of a 94 Roush Stage III Mustang until 1999. The new 2004 Mustang we bought was all the fun and excitment that a Mustang was meant to be. Of course, I rated gas milage low. The a powerful V8 engine it wasn't made for going far on a little gas. I knew that before I drove it home. The car is fun to drive! That covers it all. I am a school bus driver and after bouncing around in a slow moving bus I feel alive again when I get behind the wheel of a truly fun car. With the satellite option in the radio and the Mach 460 sound system it has great performance from a factory stereo as well..

Favorite Features

5 speed transmission, CONVERTABLE TOP, Poweer Steering and of course the V8 under the hood. Speed sensitive Sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Better coloring of the inerior door panels. They seem to fade where they are heated to mold the plastic

truly american
By lbst8u

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is absolutely a great ride. For the price, you get everything from leather to power. I paid $11000 less for this mustang than my brother did for his G35 Coupe 6MT and the mustang is still faster.

Favorite Features

Power, drop top, leather, sound system, Wheels, exhaust note, torque, engine compartment (very easy to work on)

Suggested Improvements

Bigger trunk, homelink.

fun car
By russell cilibraise

its fun to drive

Favorite Features

stickshift is fun and easy to work with

40th Anniversary Mustang rocks!
By MustangM31

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a month and every day I see heads turn! I love it! I have the Crimson Red 40th anniversary package convertible GT with the Mach 1000 sound system. Awesome interior and exterior! Lumbar support in the seat is wonderful! Love the power. Hugs turns very well. Acceleration is awesome. Love the engine roar. Looks awesome. Originally the car does not come with a spoiler, so I had one put on. Looks great! If you don't have a Mach 1000 sound system and if your wallet can afford it, definitely get one! It is especially great to have when you have the top down!

Favorite Features

Awesome crimson red exterior paint. Love all the 40th anniversary package features. Great acceleration and speed. Hugs curves. Looks great all around. Love the Mach 1000 sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Include back floor mats! If not, at least make them available for purchase and I mean just the back ones! Why do I need to buy an entire set of floor mats when I already have the front ones?!?!

Awsome
By Amelia Hasbrouck

2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Best thing that has ever happened to me. I luv to feel the wind in my hair with the radio blastin

Favorite Features

everything

Suggested Improvements

none