Used 2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

red rocket
By robert

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Too good looking to pass up, always wanted a muscle car. A blast to drive and love the burble of the exhaust. Agree with other comments that 1st is too short and 5th too tall. Gas mileage seems to vary wildly for no particular reason. from 11-17 around town. Prehistoric technology that makes me smile.

Exhaust note as you wind up through the gears with the top down.

Front seats (comfort) head restraints (a joke), interior panel fit, storage (none)pack lightly- say 1 small overnight bag. the interior although attractive and well assembled, is so poorly designed that if you are not wearing it, you're not taking it.

How do you spell fun to drive
By heather

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned classic hot rods from the 60's, this is as much fun to drive with the comforts of new options. This is my second Mustang GT convertible, love it!

6 CD changer, mach stereo, Mustang rims, power top, leather interior

A bit more head room for driver. Power seat makes you sit a bit high and feel a little crammed against the top of the car

Bruce's Mustang
By Bruces 04GT Mustang

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

One hot car. 5th gear is only used after 60. It is amazing that at 80, it is turning just 2000 rpm. No joke. I took a trip at 60 to 70 mph and got 22.8 mpg. Most times I get right around 19 to 20 mpg. It is very difficult to find information about this car. How many were manufactured? HP/WEIGHT ratio. How much are the commemorative medallions valued at. I have six of them. I have special wheels bought from a noted tire dealer. I have been offered $250 or more for the original alloy rims. Why are they worth anything at all? 3 people have offered me at least that much money.

It is just one fast car. A five speed with 4 low gears and a high 5th gear for 60+. The interior is clean and leather, the convertible top is very easy to put down. It is a nice light weight, easy to handle car. Imagine a motorcycle like a light frame big engine Yamaha motorcycle. That's my Mustang.

Bigger engine like the 300 horse engine. Optional super charger on all engines. Anti-slide control like on the 2006 and 2007 Mustangs. Two tone paint or custom paint from the factory, not 3rd party. Nitrous button and delivery system. Adjustable passenger seat just like the electric drivers seat.

Stangs Rock
By Danny

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a very stable convertible. Very still ride, not all loose and rubbery like most convertibles and the power is awesome!

Leather, 5-speed, and IT'S a MUSTANG.

Plain interior.

premium gt vert
By WAYNE CLAY

2004 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I drive the Mustang very little because I want to keep it really nice. It is redfire with the light parchment interior and top. The quality of the interior is not up to par with the imports, but for the price, the performance is a bargain. The car reminds me of my 1969 Ford Torino GT, which is a good thing. The difference is that the Mustang actually handles well. I think the Mustang is a great car for anyone who appreciates American v-8 power. It feels like the days of old, but with refinement.

Number one feature, of course is the performance. Numbers two and three are the performance.

The new stangs are said to be greatly improved in every way. I'll take their word for it but I also think the 04 convertible looks better than the 05. If I could improve one area on mine, I would add a few horsepower and torque numbers. After all, too much is never enough.