Used 2010 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews - 264 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Traded a civic HCH
By Yup

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned a Civic hybrid for 2 years, this is a better car in every way, features, function, mileage, and room.

let's face it, this car is purchased for one thing only - mileage, and it's the best you can buy with that in mind. Solar roof, sun roof, bluetooth, sat radio, remote a/c, EV mode all very cool features no one else has

I'd like to see the "power" mode engage automatically with a firm boot of the accelerator, as in the case of accident avoidance. This would be more helpful than switching to it manually.

One Year Synopsis
By Steve Rugg

2010 Toyota Prius III 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven all sorts of trips over the past year from long, 9hr cross- country trips to cross-town trips. The car performed well in each scenario. It does live up to its rated gas mileage (I get 50-55 MPG in town and 46-50 MPG on the road). I have noticed squeal in HI fan mode and an annoying squeak on bumpy roads. It could a little better lumbar support on those long trips. But the most annoying thing Toyota has to fix is the blind spots. This car is built so aerodynamically that it is like a cockpit. The only good visibility is straight ahead. The headrests block views, the extreme slope back window does too, even the rear view mirror obstructs views. Good A/C. Heat takes while.

Bar none my favorite feature is the astounding gas mileage. Because I am so eager to squeeze every last bit of MPG out of this car, the ECO mode has converted the aggressive driver in me to a very mild mannered "Clark Kent" driver, an unadvertised safety feature.

Increase the clearing swing of the rear windshield wiper. The blind spots are bad enough, the puny area this wiper clears just makes it worse in the rain. Fix the blind spots. Start with doing something w/headrests & rear view mirror. The rear glass below foil neads a cleaner, always dirty w/road spray.

Love this Car!
By mona813

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have owned Honda's the past decade. Driving 26K per year, my CR-V was costing too much. Test drove the Insight but wasn't impressed. Test drove the Prius and fell in love! I've been averaging 51 mpg so far. Very quiet and smooth. Just crossing my fingers it will handle winter and snow well.

Gas mileage! Auto up and down on the windows - my kids think this is fantastic! Keyless entry and start is wonderful!

Lose the reverse beep - very annoying. Better radio reception. Auto/Daytime running headlights. Sensor on hatch for auto open. Door armrest and center console arm rest should be at the same level. Move the display/speedometer panel in front of the steering wheel instead of off to the right.

The Truth about the PRIUS
By T.J.

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have over 9000 miles on the prius 2.I really enjoy driving this car.In the winter mileage is about 44 to 48mpg and in the summer 50 to 52 mpg with mixed driving. A couple of rattles in the winter around dash area that go away when the temp warms up.We have 4 vehicles but after driving a car that gets this mileage I don't want to drive the others.The brakes were updated by the dealer but when the anti-lock comes on they do not grab. I have another appt with dealer. I have owned over 150 cars so its not me making something up but a problem with the hybrid braking system. For 22,000.00 and no sales tax I think its a good value. To spend more money I would purchase the hybrid ford fusion.

Mileage, style of car, quietness

regular sunroof,lumbar support on all models and power seat, better sound system with sat included,

Wow
By Cycle11111

2010 Toyota Prius IV 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first Toyota and all I can say is this car exceeds my expectations. I regularly beat the EPA mileage and if you also want it to move fast it does just great. Tons of room and very comfortable

Mileage, comfort, overall styling

I wish the plug in version was available now and I didn't have to wait until 2012