Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 249 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (249 reviews )

Over 150,000 trouble free miles
By philt5

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven my Camry Hybrid now for 4 years and 152,000 miles. The only time this car has been to the dealer is for regular fluid changes and a rattle in the dash when it was new. I am still on the original front brake pads. I changed the rear brake pads at about 130,000 miles. The car still drives like new.
These cars are turning out to be extremely reliable if the regular maintenance is done. The dealer told me he has a Camry Hybrid taxi cab that comes in for maintenance and had 490,000 miles on it last time he saw it. No repairs, just maintenance.
Lifetime fuel consumption averages at 37mpg with normal driving.
I'll keep driving it and see how far it can go.

Reliability, smoothness, gas mileage.

Interior a bit plain.

disappointing
By gramparoy

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Heres what I found out regarding small battery.....no warranty, has special battery..cost much more as it
has no liquid( safety issue) You can toss out the milage amount.....somewhere between 26-28 mfg.
I will never buy another hybrid as we put on only 380 miles per nonth. Am trying to lease either a fiesta or hyundai.

Poor Mileage
By longtall

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Camry Hybrid, however, I only get around 23 mpg in stop and go situations in the summer. I get about 27 mpg in city driving in the winter. I figure some of it is due to A/C use as I live in the desert, but it seems like everyone gets mpg in the 30s in city driving. I get 39-40 on the highway. I don't have a heavy foot either. I'm 72 years old.

I still love the mpg even though city driving is not that good. I love the color (red), hands-free bluetooth and everything else about it.

Can't think of any.

A mpg giant
By what fun!

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my camry hybrid for better then one month. Previously owned a Prius. The camry is a fun car to drive for 2 reasons and perhaps others. #1 it is a comfortable car and #2. the mpg can easily top 40 mpg. I have learned that coasting is real helpful to achieve that mpg number and being careful with the accelerator pedal as well. My goal is to see if I can get better than 40 mpg and will do it.

The JBL radio is one and the hybrid technology is nearly perfect in it's application of back 'n forth between hybrid only and gasoline/hybrid.

The car is a boring piece of automobile. It does everything extraordinarily well but it needs a styling update.

All I Asked For
By jmlambion

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car for my retirement. Wanted reliability, good gas mileage, low maintenance costs and comfort. This car has met every expectation. I buy gas once or twice a month, gets 35 mpg without effort, 40 mpg on hi-way or if I work at it. I change the oil every 5000 miles. It’s comfortable to drive. Only complaint is, original tires lasted 30K miles. Everything works as good as the day I drove it off the Lot.

Mileage, reliability, comfort

Needs iPod connection. Added one after market, car is now perfect.