Used 2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Bullet proof long term reliability
By jimsrod

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car certified used. I love the interior space, luxury, performance and technology. I'd expect more from my local dealer (Lustine Toyota in Woodbridge, VA) but the car is worth the hassle and extreme lack of customer service. I'm surprised at the performance of this big car ... it's really in between a mid and large size sedan at 195" in length. The acceleration, responsiveness of the engine and transmission is great. The upgraded stereo in the Limited is nice and it's good to have some bass response for a change from a production car's sound system. People complain about the ride and when you hit some potholes it can be rough but I prefer a firmer ride and less body roll when cornering. The brakes I don't find to be spongy I think the pedal just takes a little more effort which I find to be better than brakes that are too responsive (like tapping the brake pedal and it jars you forward). Very good value and I find it to be an appealing choice to those that like their passengers in the rear to ride in comfort too.

Luxury without the price of luxury
By David Lewandoski

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I couldn't ask for a better luxurious car for the money than my 2013 Toyota Avalon "Touring" edition ! Not my first Avalon and won't be my last.

Phone interface average
By David

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Premium 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I would like to see a software upgrade so that I could see what is on my phone screen instead of the Entune interface on the dashboard monitor.
Everything is on the phone, don't need the Entune program.

Just OK not luxurious like a Lexus
By Van

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you're looking to go with the so called higher end Toyota in hopes of saving money over a comparable ES 300 or 350, don't do it. It won't work because the Avalon isn't as luxurious.

Avalon Definitely Not A Bomb
By Chris Jones

2013 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our third Avalon. With that being said, it is refreshing to see that 2013 received a lot of design changes on the exterior as well as the interior. I have to say I like every one of them including the tires and wheels. We were lucky to find a 2013 with only 16500 miles on it. I think I got a fair deal, but not what I consider a great deal. I really like the ride comfort, and the instrumentation on it. My last Avalon had the 6 disc changer instead of GPS, and it was a limited also. I would still be driving it if not for some screwball that blasted us from the back on I-40 doing 40 mph while traffic was stopped. It totaled the car. I do get 31 on the highway and it rounds out to about 25 mph on highway and city driving. I really have fallen in love with the Avalon all over again with the new design. I highly recommend anyone looking for an Avalon to pay a few extra bucks and get it loaded with a limited model. The car handles well with the Michelin tires, and I'll be giving it a total road trip from North Carolina to Florida shortly. I can't wait.