Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:
12345...40

Pros
Cons

An Excellent Value

ScoobieDoobie, 05/17/2005

I have ~5000 miles on Scoobie and it is a fine car so far. My wife wanted a wagon and I wanted a Mustang GT - a good compromise? I think so. Decent performance but this car is rough around the edges - the ride is firm, mechanical clatter and road noise are always present. Scoobie's economy car roots show through at times.

May be the perfect car...

maastrichtian, 05/26/2005

Perfect blend of performance, utility, economy, reliability... Performance: 0-60 in ~6 sec (with AWD). Utility: AWD for off-road + rain/snow, >60 cu.ft. cargo capacity, decent ground clearance as opposed to many sports cars, allows you to navigate over bad roads or off road. Economy: I paid ~$22k & get ~25 miles per gallon fuel economy. Reliability: it's a Subaru! Everyone I've ever known who had Subarus still has them. Also nice is the long list of standard features: 6-disc in-dash cd player, side airbags, ABS brakes (saved me from a wreck about 100 miles after buying it -- I would have crashed into stopped highway traffic had I been in my Pathfinder), automatic climate control.

Prime "hidden" sports car

Dr Z, 07/08/2005

Exceptional covert turbo station wagon. Greatly priced for the performance and features Subaru offers. Slight lag when below 3000 rpm and turbo seems to fail when in 5th gear. Good overall visibility, good comfort (driver's seat could be a bit higher for better visibility, esp. over hood scoop), handling is by far the best and smooth, center of gravity is slow and makes the ride feel extremely safe, sound system quality excels, fuel economy is good but fails with A/C and turbo acceleration. Interior room is larger than expected. Updated exterior is stylish and yet subdued. As my second Subaru purchase, I am more than satisfied with the Subaru quality of AWD and exceptional service.

So far so good....

Bigskymt3777, 08/28/2004

Looked at alot of cars/suvs the Outback Sport was the only one that was in my price range and had AWD...Handling has been great...Gas mileage right now with 500 miles 23-24 miles combined hoping for more...All the bells and whistles are nice...Love the color...Seats take a little to get used to...Back seat plenty of room for passangers and my youngest loves the two cup holders that pop out (those are his)...Have heard some wind noise but livable...Stereo not bad maybe a litte bit better speakers for standard would be nice...Over-all I am Happy...Can hardly wait for fall and winter lol

Great Car

Greg Case, 04/05/2006

The car is fabulous. It is the best bad weather car I have ever driven. It is very stable in the rain and snow. It does require snow tires for snow use, as the OE summer tires have no snow tread. The performance of the car is great. It responds to inputs similar to a racecar. The tires, suspension, and steering have little compliance, which makes it so responsive. The engine has plenty of low end torque and good top end power. I was surprised at just how much better the engine and handling is compared to the standard WRX. The engine alone is probably worth the price difference, and the handling makes it even better yet. Its handling is close to neutral, and the steering responds to throttle.

12345...40