Used 2005 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

$7,000

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

If I could put higher than a 10, I would

Aliye, 12/06/2005

My brother first introduced me to the Subaru brand, and even at the very first test drive, I fell in love with this car! I have nothing bad to say about it; it is amazing and sooooo much fun to drive.

This One Does it All!

Peter, 12/21/2005

After 8,000 miles with this car, I still get excited to take this car out every time I start the engine. The performance is great and acceleration is addicting, especially knowing that it's a wagon. The standard features are adequate, but the 2006 version has much more, but at the cost of a questionable (borderline ugly) front design. Turbo lag is a real issue; the car is just a notch faster than sluggish below ~3,000 rpms. Unless you're launching at 5,000 rpms, expect a slow start until turbo spools up. You can't get a better car for the price. I would not hesitate to buy this one again.

2005 2.5 RS wagon

AB, 06/27/2006

I don't know how anyone looking for an economical AWD vehicle doesn't grab this one immediately. I have no problems, although I do believe that at 50,000k I shouldn't have any problems. Fact is a lot of cars do have issues after a few km's. I live in Edmonton, Alberta Canada, and during one of our largest snow storms in recent times, I was out having fun and watching all the people in regular cars, digging pushing and swearing. This car has been rock solid, the one single complaint I have is the paint, it is not terrible, just would think it could be more rugged, but then again, it's my first new car and scuffs show up easier.

Swiss Army Knife on 4 wheels

Aurora, 09/14/2006

I've owned it for more than two years and I've got about 42,000 miles on it. I STILL look forward to my commute! I also end up volunteering to drive my friends everywhere. I really can't think of a better car to have purchased. It's done everything from weekend joyrides to moving an impossible loads. The performance and handling have gotten me out of trouble on the road that I might not have otherwise avoided. Reliability has been spotless other than a few glitches with the lock/unlock beeper. Slipping the clutch at 3000RPM produces little lag. Keep the RPMs above 4000 on a twisty road, and you discover the genuine gran-tourismo character of this car.

These cars are super fast.

Brian, 09/23/2006

This has to be the fastest and most fun car Ive ever driven or owned. In the summer it's like the car is stuck to the pavement like a magnet. In the winter it is even more fun, with 300 horses and full time awd you wish there were more turns and more snow.