Used 2010 Subaru Forester Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Subaru Forester

View reviews for a specific Forester model:

So Far, So Good

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for about 6 1/2 months now. I drove both the Tribeca and the Forester. The Tribeca drove smooth, but I felt more in control of the Forester. The gas milleage is good. I range from about 24-28mpg and do about half high highway/half city driving. The biggest complaint is that the interior is cheap. I have a small tear in my interior, the back door and side doors rattle, and parts of the dash scratch easily. Biggest Pro: We got about a foot of snow last month and I didn't have any problems. Traction control only kicked in once. I helped my husband change the oil for the first time and it went quick and smooth. Overall happy, just need to fix the rattles!

Huge sunroof, sport shift, heated seats, large cargo area.

Interior! Stop the rattles! More durable.

My first Subie

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I like the subaru forester-had over a year now only getting 24.3mpg highway. I don't like the cup holders or where the seat warmers are placed. Overall, the car is awesome in the winter-drove through 26+ inches of snow up the a 7% grade with no issues. I should have got the outback just because it looks like its a beast!

Heated seats, sunroof, heated mirros

Improve engine power but improve gas mileage.

Great Crossover

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have only had my Subaru for a short period of time put have greatly enjoyed the ride. Trade in my 07 truck for the 2.5 Premium and have not regretted it at all. The gas mileage is great and the inside and outside style gives it a great feel and look. The handle of this vehicle is great and does very well in all weather conditions. I was looking for a new car and never thought about looking at a Forester until I went to a dealer to look at a used car and was sold. The space is great inside and as a tall person thought I would miss my truck but not once has that crossed my mind. Have the black interior and premium cloth which is great quality. Great power too for a four cylinder.

Heated Seats, Moon Roof, Aux Plug In, Interior Style, Visibility, Gauge Configuration with white and blue lighting.

Be nice to have some fog lights.

Best value for money
By dee

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my forester in April 2010 and I have no regrets. It's the best value for money. My car is loaded with Blue tooth, navigation, heated seats, satellite radio, remote start, auto dimming mirrors, fog lights, moon roof, leather seats, dvd player, cd player, ipod connections and its all wheel drive. Brand new it cost me less than 30,000. I live in new hampshire so I need a car that is great in the snow, rain, mud or dry road. So far the subie is perfect. I strongly recommend fully loading this vehicle if you plan to get it. You wont be able to enjoy all of these comforts in any other high quality new SUV for the price of a Subaru. I road trip in comfort and style. no problem

all wheel drive, huge moon roof, satellite radio, blue tooth, remote start, heated seats, smooth ride, great handling. Excellent sound when watching dvd's

The center console and cup holders needs major improvement,it looks too cheap. Definitely need more interior / exterior combination options. I could not get a black interior with a blue exterior. The only option was gray.

2010 forester is impressive!
By jbparker625

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We decided to buy a subaru forester after checking out all the major competitors - Honda CR-V, Toyota Rav4, Nissan Rogue, etc and the Forrester was the cheapest, best gas mileage, best warranty, awesome panoramic sunroof, AWD - great car at a good price The backseat is roomy and even reclines like an airplane chair! Very comfy and spacious - would recommend to anyone.