Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 264 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Love the car, disappointing gas mileage
By Drivingmom

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car new in May 2007, mainly for the comfort and the projected gas mileage. However, we have seen the gas mileage drop from a high of 31 MPG to present low of 25 MPG. The sticker advertised 29-38 MPG. Big disappoinment since I do mostly highway driving during the week, errands on weekends. The horn button is hard to find quickly - I usually end up changing the CD instead of getting the horn.

Love the sound system, one-push sunroof, and the intelligent key! The seats are tall and super comfortable, which is very important to my bad back. I love that you don't have to drop down to sit, you just move onto the seat.

I would like to see the rear seats fold down flat. Although large items can be loaded into the back, it requires a second person to lift the object over the hump.

Versa is okay but...
By Andy

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the vehicle for 4 months and these are the things I've found: The vehicle gets no where near the mpg advertised, I'm averaging 22 mpg. I was also told that the back seat folds flat and it does fold down but leaves a hump so large that most of the useful storage space in the rear is taken up with it. I've also found that the vehicle is underpowered, but then it is a 1.8 L engine so I can accept that. I'm hoping that my choice of a Nissan will turn out that I've purchased a reliable car. We bought this vehicle to keep for the 3 years in the hope that in that time the fuel saving technology will have improved

Great steering, comfortable driver's seat, better gas mileage than my SUV, good exterior lines.

Was hoping for better gas mileage, wish the back seat folded down flat so the back storage area was more useful, exterior do handles should be indented so that moisture runnels won't form as a stain down the doors from the handles.

Not al that it's cracked up to be
By BlueVersa

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car has several advantages compared to other small hatchbacks: well equipped for the price, comfort, engine performance. But you have to pay dearly for these perks as the fuel economoy is very disappointing and you will struggle to get better than 28 MPG on the highway and 25 in the city. Also this car is not well built: Nissan has cut a few of the wrong corners. The bumpers are held on with plastic rivets and will come off or dent at the slightest touch (this is ridiculous in what is supposed to be a city car) and worse the windshield washer fluid tank is located underneath the flimsy bumper with practically no protection. Drinving out of snowbank resulted in its complete destruction!

Powerful engine. Comfortable seats. 6 speed manual transmission. Good size trunk. 60-40 back seats allow transport of large objects (even a dishwasher!).

Fuel economy is quite bad (higher gearing might help). Seats are comfortable but offer no lateral support. Build quality often lacking (see review). Cheap hard plastic interior.

Love my Versa
By JazyJc

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

It was between the Versa and the Honda Fit. I was impressed with the Versa from the beginning. Interior space and overall comfort can't be beat. Everyone who rides in my car comments on the comfort, even in the back seat. The ride is smooth and quiet, the interior feels high end. Plenty of power on fwy and hills. Sound system is good. Love the safety ratings. Didn't get the suggested MPG until about 900 miles in, so hang in there. I am very happy with this car.

Bluetooth phone is awesome. Love the intelligent key (but don't lose it $$$) CVT is really smooth.

Remote hatchback release. Getting picky here, but I wish there had been an available upgrade to GPS/DVD for the stereo.

2007 Nissan Versa CVT Hatchback
By Bill Holz

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I drive this car to work 3 days a week using my '96 Honda Civic coupe the other 2 days. I've had no problems with my Versa and I am very satisfied with it. It's much more comfortable and roomey than my Honda but the acceleration is not quick as the Honda which is manual shift. The Nissan Versa CVT Hatchback is a solid, quality, comfortable car. A sensible purchase well worth the price.

My favorite features are the distinctive exterior styling and comfortable and roomey interior. I like that the radio volume goes down slightly when you stop at a light. The CVT transmission can't be beat. It runs very smooth and quietly and when in idle you don't realize it's still running.

I would like it if the air conditioner could crank out the cold air quicker. My last car was a '96 Honda civic and the cold air came out instantly.