The 2017 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class might be a smart choice if you desire a luxury crossover that offers the maneuverability and fuel economy of a compact sedan. The outrageously powered AMG GLA 45, meanwhile, is in a class by itself. But several drawbacks, including a small cargo area and rough ride, might mean it's not perfect for everyone.
- Sporty handling and performance even in the base model
- AMG GLA 45's long list of available technology and safety features.
- Ride quality is firm to the point some might object
- Road and wind noise is in abundance
- Automatic transmission can operate awkwardly in stop-and-go situations
- Less cargo capacity than its rivals.