Used 2001 Mazda Tribute DX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A) Consumer Reviews

4 out of 5 stars

Great vehicle under 75,000 miles

vabeachjason, 10/19/2007
DX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my tribute at 76,000 miles. It has been a great vehicle to me in the last 2 years until the last 4 months its been 1 thing after another. In April I started the engine and it literally exploded. The intake exploded destroying everything around it and sending oil and plastic parts everywhere! The dealer could not explain it and said "these things happen." I was given no explanation and had to pay 1300 dollars to replace the intake, the cable and damaged hoses. Then in May the transmission went ($3000) and today I have an unexplained oil leak under the rear differential. I love my Tribute, but I would never buy one again because of the costly repairs.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Great value

dannybmx, 02/28/2011
DX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Tribute used when it had only 25,000 miles on it. It now has 228,000 miles. The engine has been great. The weak spot has been the automatic transmission. I have had the transmission rebuilt twice. However the first time the shop did not do a good job so a second time was needed. This has been such a great car for my small family. The inside is really nice a rommy allowing us to pack gear and even a 50cc motorcycle into it. I have used it to tow a motorcycle trailer without problems.

3.13 out of 5 stars

Wife's Mazda

timc46, 01/24/2004
DX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Got home with it and had to take it back for a rear seal leaking. Then had to have the gas tank replaced. Then had to have the door locks replaced, they wouldn't lock, even trying manual. New brakes and rotor at 44K, which cost $400+. Rear washer motor had to be replaced. Too much for only 44K.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Very fun SUV! Over 200,000!

Kondo157, 01/16/2010
DX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2001 tribute used from a friend with a little under 150,000 miles on it. He was short on cash and needed to get rid of it. So far this car has been nothing but reliable, had a small malfunction with a transmission plug but once this was corrected the car runs like new. Very much power for such a small SUV. Very good modern look to it as well.

4.13 out of 5 stars

Great vehicle

Rob Ellis, 02/20/2004
DX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2001 Tribute for over three years now and I am very happy with it. The engine performance is very adequate and I have had very few problems. The few problems I have had were covered under warranty. The service plan under the waranty has been great because it includes rental car coverage.