Used 2007 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Compass SUV

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

We love our Compass
By BB

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This has been an absolutely great vehicle. It has restored our faith in American automakers! We live in a rural area with lots of snow and this is great. Good tight handling, smooth transmission and lots of storage. Gas mileage is around 26-28 mpg. Very comfortable seats with an excellent sound system. We've had no problems so far after 18,000 plus miles in all kinds of weather. This vehicle gives me peace of mind for my family with all of the safety features. Why buy a Honda or Toyota when you can get a Jeep Compass!

4x4 when we need it. Lots of storage. Great handling and dependability. Safety features

A few extra miles per gallon would be nice. The bottom seat rail on the driver's seat needs to be tucked away.

Not Recommended
By ScMotoz

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this with 0 miles on it. Have driven it for more than a year now and have had more problems than any other vehicle than I have ever seen. Bought for 19000 now I cant even get a dealer to offer more than 7000 for it. Not reliable. Have had 3 Trans, and a motor already. I get 18 MPG in city and 12 or so on Highway. I have 5- SPD and pull 4000-4500 RPM at highway speeds. Suspension is already shot in rear. Good thing for warranty. I recommend Do NOT buy this vehicle. And I really hope someone reads this review and changes their mind. I wouldn't wish this car upon my worst enemy. Oh yeah even the "Stain resistant" seats leave spots from anything. This car is bull.

I have nothing at all that is good to say about this car.

Blow it up.. Or light it on fire. Chrysler, Discontinue this car.

Dont buy one
By gary

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had jeeps since the 1950's buying new ones every other year. Never have I bought one as bad as this one. Noisy and rough riding. Terrible blind spots when driving. Save your money and buy a different model.

The color hides the dirt well.

Totally redesign this jeep. Make it quiet and comfortable to drive.

great vehicle
By brise31503

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Jeep. I was a little hesitant to but one but I have always been a Dodge fan so I figured Jeep has been around for a while and got my compass I am very very satisfied more so than any other vehicle I have owned and I have owned about 15 so the compass has by far exceeded my expectations on long trips and just for fun even with the family and my mother who only likes Cadillac she loves my compass and is thinking of buying one I will be a repeat Jeep customer. No problems with my Jeep have over 65,000 miles on it on and off road very versatile...... Jeep has done it and I am proud to say I am happy with my vehicle

radio controlled from steering column, heated seats, roof racks, and the 6 disk in dash cd player

a little more rugged interior for the jeep quality would be nice but like i said i am happy with mine

Great Vehicle
By Coloradoguy

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We looked at both US and import small SUV's and bought Compass based on vehicle cost and availability of CVT. Have taken long road trips and love the vehicle. Absolutely zero warranty or other problems. Average around 27 MPG on road and 25 in city driving. CVT works perfectly in mountain driving and often reaches 30 MPG due to lower average speed. Receive lots of questions from people as to how we like vehicle and know of two others buying a Compass based on our positive experience.

Gas mileage, CVT transmission, lack of problems with vehicle, interior space, driving height, turning radius, comfortable seats, 110 volt outlet

passenger side auto down window, decrease road noise,