Used 2001 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Santa Fe model:

Longest car I ever owned
By RDG

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

17 years old with 64000 miles. Only thing replaced was air conditioner compresser other and tires. Paint is still show room. Being a New Mexico car I believe it still has years to go.

Best Car out there
By Neozen

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GL 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

If you want a car this car is everything you need in one it has 4wd, key less entry, electric starter and more!!!

Great cruising car!
By Raamos

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GL 2WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent car, I did my regular maintenance no major issues. to this day 15 years later runs great with 195,000 miles on it. Best car thus far in my lifetime. ... I am selling it now, because I no longer need a car since I now have my son's car. I really enjoyed driving the Santa Fe so far!

15 year owner
By Sambo

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent car, I did my regular maintenance no major issues. beats any 4x4 jeep truck or SUV my extended family or friends have ever owned...I have had to rescue them many times or go pick them up..... to this day 15 years later runs great with 178,000 miles on it, best car thus far in my lifetime, I will always have Hyundai vehicles on my list to consider now... I might cry when I sell this, if I ever do! I have purchased the newly redesigned Tucson because the measurements are now very close to the 2001 Santa Fe but enjoy driving the Santa Fe better so far!

Best value SUV for the price
By ericmalcolm82

2001 Hyundai Santa Fe GL 4WD 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I live in the midwest and our winters are brutal, so I had saved up about $4,000 to buy a used SUV that I could drive during snowy treks. Found this SUV with 100,000 miles for only $3K, with minor issues (heater didn't work, check engine light). Heater was easy fix, I passed e-check with some Seafoam, and have been driving for two months and love it. Snowed real bad last night, and felt very safe all the way home from work. Interior is boring but everything you need, handles well, fun to drive. Looked at older CRV's that had higher miles and that cost about a grand+ more. Very happy with this vehicle, and hope to drive it for another 100,000 miles.

Decent gas economy when compared to the car it was replacing (a 5-cylinder Acura TL sedan), feel safe in the winter, decent power, easy to drive, wasn't too expensive, great value.